Backend Engineer at Squire Technologies
WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire app from the App or Play Store.
SQUIRE is looking for an exceptional backend engineer to join our highly coveted platform team. This is an opportunity for you to work on exciting new initiatives, supporting exciting new consumer facing and b2b web, iOS, and Android apps.
Community Lead, Platform
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architecting, developing, testing and deploying product and its increments
- Making architectural design and development decisions
- Providing required product quality
- Monitoring progress of work in daily team syncs, updating ticket status
- Eliciting and refining product requirements by doing research and asking questions
- Estimating product backlog items and sub-tasks prior to start of sprint
- Assisting Team Lead, Product Manager, and Project Manager in grooming product backlog weekly
- Actively participating in sprint planning (come prepared)
- Helping manage team to delivery of sprint commitments
- Quickly surfacing issues and any deviations from the plan to internal stakeholders (Community Leader, Team Lead, Product Manager, Project Manager, Eng/Product leadership)
- Creating necessary engineering documentation (i.e., endpoint documentation)
- Helping teammates remove roadblocks and hit sprint commitments
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Strong knowledge of Node.js and Express framework
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PostgreSQL specific features
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Expert in working with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge about background task processing, queues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience writing concise and well-structured OOP code. FinTech experience a plus
- A can-do attitude that can hit deadlines without cutting corners or sacrificing structural integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Able to successfully organize and manage working with an agile team in 2-week sprint cycles.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to consistently estimate work to hit delivery timelines without losing good work-life balance.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- Degree not required. If you fit the bill of the above and the description below, I only want to know two things: What have you built that you can show me (please provide a link), and what exactly were/are you responsible for in that link. Please provide credentials for me if required.
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.