Attorney – Construction Litigation at Yorkson Legal
Attorney – Construction Litigation – Remote
- Job ID: 6717
- Location: Troy, MI
- Category: Attorney
Our client, a leading legal publisher, seeks to hire a construction attorney with significant experience with mechanic’s liens and general construction matters. The attorney will draft practical guidance (articles) and annotated forms (with associated guidance) for an online legal product for attorneys. Strong research skills including the ability to research across jurisdictions is integral to this position.
This is an open-ended temporary assignment. Projected hours will be roughly 10-20 hours per week and work may be completed on a flexible schedule. The attorney will be able to work remotely from any location in the US.
- Research, draft and edit annotated mechanic’s lien forms
- Research, draft and edit practical guidance articles written on construction topics
- Draft checklists or other needed content on construction topics
Working about 20 hours/week
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Member, in good standing in DC, NC or WA.
- 5+ years of experience as a construction attorney (some experience must have been at an AM Law 200 firm)
- Substantive experience in drafting construction agreements and mechanic’s lien forms
- Ability to think critically and annotate construction and mechanic’s lien documents
- Excellent editing, legal research, analysis and writing skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to complete assigned projects by prescribed deadlines
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage tasks effectively
Hourly pay rate is $50/hour.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!