Associate User Experience Designer at Armstrong World Industries Inc
Associate User Experience Designer Job
- LOCATION: Remote, Remote, US
- Company: Armstrong World Industries
- Job: E-Commerce
- Primary location: Remote , Remote
- Relocation offered: No
- Employment status: Full-Time
- Travel: 10%
Location: Work from home position located anywhere inide the United States
AWI has begun the development and implementation of our first eCommerce site which will transform the building products buying experience. The vision is a cutting-edge, end-to-end platform that connects facility managers, business owners and consumers with ceiling solutions.
As an Associate User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for driving UX strategy and interaction design to build products that engage and encourage.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business no trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in concept sessions demonstrating ethnographic research and design thinking
- Balance customer frictions and needs with our client’s business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
- Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including management consultants, product managers, engineers, marketers, and corporate executives
- Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to partners and clients, both verbally and visually
- Work with marketing to develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites
What will make you successful:
- 3+ years of professional design experience
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Outstanding communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent people leadership skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a multifaceted, constantly evolving environment
- Prior experience with e-commerce and Shopify
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Advertising, User Experience, Work from Home, Recruiting, Research, Marketing, Technology, Contract, Human Resources
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!