Associate Technical Writer at Heap
Associate Technical Writer
- Location: Remote
As an Associate Technical Writer at Heap, your goal is to create and manage help and developer documentation to allow our customers to understand and unlock the full capabilities of Heap. Working as part of a team of two writers, you’ll write and edit educational content for tech professionals, including product managers, marketers, and developers, and contribute to key content strategy projects.
You’re perfect for this role if you enjoy writing content for customers in an easy to digest format and can apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of your work, love hands-on writing, have an appetite for high-level strategy, enjoy digging into the nuts and bolts of how things work to figure them out, are passionate about design thinking and user experience, and thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes to have a huge impact.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and manage help and developer documentation, how-to articles, and best practices in accordance with our writing guide standards.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Technical Services, and Success to anticipate and produce content for upcoming releases.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our products and services and use Heap to make data-driven documentation decisions.
- Apply SEO best practices to our documentation to continually improve the search experience.
- Reorganize content as our documentation set grows based on industry guidelines.
- Contribute to existing content strategy projects, and get creative about potential new ones!
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years experience writing concise, easy to understand web content for professional audiences.
- Be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible; be able to juggle priorities based on a dynamic release schedule.
- Ability to cross-functionally partner with other teams to make contributions to ancillary resources, such as training content, marketing content, and in-app copy.
- Be someone who enjoys learning by doing by playing around with a feature or tool to understand and document it.
- Be data-driven: have an interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and make data-informed decisions.
- Experience using analytics tools, bonus if you’ve written about them.
- Experience creating, classifying, and maintaining knowledge as part of a body of content, such as managing the tagging strategy for a blog.
- Familiarity with any of the following: information architecture, technical support, SEO, content migration, marketing content, or UX writing.
- Experience contributing to open-source projects, including technical (code) contributions and written, editorial ones (such as contributions to Wikipedia.)
- BA/BS or higher in English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science, or related fields preferred but not required.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!