Associate, Revenue Cycle at Cityblock Health
Associate, Revenue Cycle
at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needsbringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that health is local and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Revenue Cycle Associate plays a pivotal role within the Cityblock RCM Team. This position will perform key tasks that support the numerous physician-based revenue cycle initiatives within Cityblock. The Revenue Cycle Associate works closely with the Coding/CDI team, Market Operations, Finance, Credentialing, and Compliance Teams to contribute to the Revenue Cycle program and ensure our billing processes are optimized and operate smoothly. The role works closely with our Value-Based Services, Market, Finance, and Compliance teams to contribute to the Revenue Cycle program and ensure our billing processes are optimized and operate smoothly.
Requirements for the Role:
- Detail-oriented with a keen ability to identify inconsistencies in information presented within the RCM-related systems and reports.
- Firmly understands the expected workflow and can easily identify outlier processes or inaccurate transactions that may cause claim denials.
- Understands and acts on RCM-related activity that may be against CBH policy or other related compliance issues.
- Escalates issues that are not resolved in a reasonable timeframe.
- Monitors work volumes (eg, charge volumes, claim submissions, payor rejections) and overall reconciliation of revenue cycle data and intervenes when needed.
- Approaches problems with an orientation toward achieving results and improving the quality of systems
- Delivers high-quality work that is comprehensive, easy to understand, and has been sufficiently error-checked
- Proactively identifies and proposes changes to enhance results and next steps
- Works effectively and collaboratively across internal organizational teams to assist with new Market implementations, new or changing workflows/processes, system changes and/or implementations, and generally promotes revenue needs and results.
- Identify as a solid resource for any revenue cycle-related questions from the CBH Markets, or other internal teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to manage company-wide expectations, activities, communications, and changes with efficacy.
- Communicates in a manner that is respectful yet drives accountability and performance. Is transparent, honest, and credible.
- Communicates issues in a concise and transparent manner. Is respectful yet drives for action, performance, and results.
- Is proactive and sees future revenue cycle-related patterns and opportunities, and adapts quickly and easily to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected events.
- Approach to solving problems is logical, thoughtful, and methodical.
- Analysis undertaken along with any recommendations are sound, complete, and well-researched.
- Is a critical thinker and is data-driven; has the ability to analyze, trend, and present findings, propose solutions, and work through issues.
- Looks for root causes and dismisses opportunities for quick fixes’ as a long-term solution.
- Thinks methodically and realistically about barriers and challenges in implementation and addresses them proactively
- Researches issues based on payer-based claim processing guidelines to determine root causes and communicates findings in a manner that is meaningful across CBH stakeholders.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $51,759 to $80,990. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update – Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the health and lives of people around the world, including the vulnerable populations Cityblock serves. As a healthcare provider, Cityblock holds ourselves to the highest standards when promoting the health and safety of those who we serve. Given that the COVID-19 vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight this disease and save lives, Cityblock is implementing a COVID-19 booster mandate for Washington, D.C. employees under the guidance of local/state mandates.