Associate Marketing Consultant
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Client Services
- Mid Level
Do you love digital marketing and online media? Are you looking to work with really bright people who respect you for your contributions and your character? Do you want to dominate your career without killing your personal life?
If so, you should consider becoming one of our Marketing Consultants. Marketing Consultants at SmartBug Media are hands-on production positions where you will deliver inbound marketing services while you acquire the necessary skills and experience to advance to the level of Marketing Strategist.
We’re looking for responsible, accountable and driven marketers who want to be a long-term, respected contributor to our team. You’ll combine your existing skills and a world-class training program into success in an exploding market for inbound marketing, analytics, and marketing automation. You will be challenged every day and you will develop the skills and track record that will make even your mama proud!
You will work hand-in-hand with Senior Consultants that create game-changed inbound marketing programs for a core set of clients. This means you’ll gain valuable experience in the strategy behind inbound marketing, grooming you to move into this role. At the same time, you’ll take the leadership position in executing these plans and exceed their expectations – on schedule and on budget. You’ll manage writers and designers, source content and create compelling offers and ensure SmartBug and your clients are in complete alignment. You will quickly become a SmartBug ninja and will spend part of your time ensuring you stay up to speed and utilize the newest tools.
Will your success as an Associate Inbound Marketing Consultant make you our next rock star? We hope so.
- Become an expert in inbound marketing tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, e-book/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others
- Become a HubSpot and SmartBug process ninja and keep up with software updated and best practices, educating your teammates as required.
- Project manage a team of content creators, developers and designs to execute campaign deliverables
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs
- Collaborate with Consultants on on-going strategic plans
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments
- Become the resident expert on your client’s industry and marketing
- Contribute to the client and internal content development.
- Continually stay on top of inbound marketing trends and industry advancements
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- 2-5 years experience with online marketing and social media
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Journalism and/or strong writing skills are required
- Strong hands-on HubSpot experience required, Inbound certification or HubSpot certification a plus
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects and hit deadlines
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively based on customer requirements
- Passion for the Internet and marketing with a strong understanding of inbound marketing
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and independent management skills
- Strong communicator with excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Understanding of major social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization
- Basic knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- The desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and Internet marketing developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and storytelling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Proficiency in blogging platforms and/or content management skills
- Experience working remotely in similar roles strongly preferred
- Phone Screen
- Video call with hiring team
- Semifinal video interview with VP of Client Services
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s CEO
Our extensive employee benefits program includes:
- Generous compensation package
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, ‘SmartBugapalooza’
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remote
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency. We’ve built our name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers, and brand value. That’s why we are recommended by some of the biggest names in inbound marketing and maintain a client roster that’s growing by the day.
We are a 56-person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere.