Associate Editor at CB Insights
Produce quality content. Work on tech’s hottest research. Amplify the CBI voice. CB Insights is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Associate Editor to copy edit and fact check our tech and strategy-focused research. You will join our rapidly growing Intelligence Unit composed of editors and analysts.
The Role You’ll Play:
You’ll work with a dedicated team of editors, ensuring that each piece of research the company puts out is insightful, accurate, concise and on brand. You’ll collaborate on a day-to-day basis directly with our research analysts, and may also write original research on key technology trends or recent investment and technology market events. Finally, you’ll have a say in the design and overall look of our research from the content to how it looks online.
About the Editorial Team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It’s a unique opportunity to both work at a startup and spend your day helping produce and polish research on the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow across the hottest industries. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our editors and analysts come from backgrounds as diverse as equity research, journalism, consulting, investment banking, VC, and more. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work across all types of research, collaborate on cross-team projects, and learn all about tech’s impact on key markets and industries.
Your main tasks:
- Line edit, copy edit, and fact check data-heavy research briefs, reports, and decks
- Assist in production / curation of our newsletters which reach 630K+ readers
- Edit infographics for content and visual consistency
- Assist in maintaining the editorial calendar
- Provide thoughtful and effective feedback to analysts and freelancers
- Update high-performing content as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of relevant editing and/or online publishing experience preferred
- Solid grasp of numbers and data and a zeal for accuracy
- Familiarity with HTML, SEO, and with content management systems like WordPress
- Knowledge of / interest in venture capital / startup ecosystem or tech a plus
- A superior ability to work under tight deadlines
- Solid project management and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-changing environment
- Willingness to pitch in on all tasks and roll with changing priorities
- BA/BS required
- Submission of cover letter with application required
Please note this is a US-based role.
In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible for a bonus opportunity.
A little bit about our pay practices: Typically, we will hire at our Hiring Target, but actual starting pay may be based on several factors, including, but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate experience, and budgetary constraints.
What We’re All About
We’re on a mission to enable every organization to make smarter decisions about tech by bringing machine and human intelligence together. Whether it’s finding a new game-changing vendor or understanding a new market, it’s easier, faster and smarter with CB Insights. All made possible by the smartest, hardest-working team in tech. We:
- Build Dope Isht
- Seek the Truth
- Create Simplicity
- Dive Deep
- Own Outcomes
- Push Limits
What We Offer
- Award-winning culture: recognized by Inc., Glassdoor, and Builtin for leadership, opportunity, and engagement
- Industry Insight: over 700k+ people follow our tech newsletter: sign up here
- Better Benefits: Healthcare with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with great time off and unlimited sick day policy, plus lots of other perks
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Why you don’t want to work here:
- You are a tech pessimist
- Radical Candor isn’t your style
- You focus on outputs instead of outcomes
- You like like to build big processes
- You stay @ the 30,000 foot view instead of digging into the details
- You prefer your comfort zone instead of a challenge
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more