Associate Director, Affiliate Technology Services at Planned Parenthood
Associate Director, Affiliate Technology Services
Office Of The Chief Information Officer (COO) – Information Security /
Type: Full Time – Union
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for all people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 600 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect, and without judgment, striving to create equitable access to health care. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable education and information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the independently incorporated Planned Parenthood affiliates operating health centers across the U.S. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational, advocacy, and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seek a collaborative and effective Assoc Director, Affiliate Tech Services. This job reports to the Director, Affiliate Tech Services in the Information Technology department of PPFA. The Information Technology department provides technology strategy, operational support, and tech delivery /implementation of the information technology products and services while the Information Security program safeguards the data entrusted to Planned Parenthood by its patients, supporters, donors, and staff.
This position is the coordinator of Affiliate Tech Services across the National Office for seamless service delivery for the federation. Work closely with other InfoSec, IT, and National Office teams on strategic initiatives impacting Affiliates. The Associate Director, Affiliate Tech Services, is expected to have a proven track record of successful results for enterprise-wide services & program management, process excellence, and relationship management accountabilities. Has a solid Technology and Information Security background.
Leads program & project management responsibilities for successfully implementing federation-wide tech services from the National Office to the Affiliates. Strives for flawless delivery of key Affiliate Tech Services & Programs.
Stays current with industry trends, methodologies, and program management best practices.
This requires knowing the business, across the federation and is responsible for fostering trusted partnerships and driving information technology priorities for shared services to mature the basic security layer.
- Supports the Director and National Director of Affiliate Tech Services in collaborating with key stakeholders at the National Office for all Tech Services.
- Advises managers and teams on new approaches that sustain tech services and drive continuous improvement based on stakeholder feedback.
- Knows the business and fosters trusted partnerships across the federation to drive all technology and information security priorities for shared services.
- Supports the education of Affiliate stakeholders on tech services and creates content on service offerings and value proposition of all tech services.
- Includes planning and tracking, collaboration with teams and stakeholders, creation of educational materials, and delivery of educational services
- Ability to pivot and lead by example when priorities shift or requirements change
- Builds and maintains strong affiliate relationships.
- Key leadership point of contact for affiliate escalations and service client satisfaction for all risk management-related services.
- Responsible for ensuring successful implementation and support of National Office Tech Services. Services are to be determined by the National Director, Affiliate Tech Services.
- Creates a Tech Services Framework across National Office Tech Services for service delivery methodology.
- Delivery includes the ability to define, develop, and deploy these specified new tech shared services federation-wide.
- Responsible for creating and managing detailed project plans, including onboarding approach, deployment tactics and methods, post-deployment project management, and ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Affiliate satisfaction meets or exceeds expectations as measured by annual Affiliate satisfaction surveys.
- Manage escalation process for Affiliates regarding Tech Services issues that may arise and lead continuous improvement activities with Affiliates.
- Stay current with program and deployment best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long-term direction.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the information technology and security industry.
- Work directly with enterprise architecture and operations subject matter experts to enable successful project deployments applying the recommended tools, technologies and techniques.
- Ensure seamless transition from service delivery process to operational business as usual processes in partnership for all tech services.
- Perform reporting of service metrics/ standards that ensure consistent quality in service/ program/ portfolio deliverables
- Adapt and evolve services, programs, and approach to meet the ever-changing needs of the federation.
- Participate in the development of strategic tech shared services roadmap and prioritized capabilities based on Affiliate feedback, needs, and technical direction.
- Organize work outputs to support optimal delivery through adapting procedures, including defining and following repeatable processes that scale with the federation’s growth
- Stay current with industry trends, methodologies and program management best practices
Responsible for vendor management practices, including:
- License and contract management
- RFPs for new or renewal services/tools
- Metrics tracking and remediation planning
- Hold vendors accountable through a detailed Statement of Work and clear roles/responsibilities.
- Foster development best practices within the team.
- Identify and drive process improvements for Vendor Management as part of Service Delivery touchpoints.
- Support Director with accurate budget management, reporting, and process improvements to benefit the Affiliate Tech Services tower and CIO team overall
- Responsible for Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Project metrics and status reporting.
- Drives service roadmaps and new features/functionality for each service’s annual planning and lifecycle management.
- Building trust and credibility with National Office stakeholders and the federation is imperative for success.
- Align with corporate policies and customer needs/expectations. Accountable for daily tasks, on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Ensure enterprise processes are in place to support affiliate services for continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of broad-based information technology experience with a strong focus on the information security domain. Expertise in the following areas: delivering complex technology capabilities and enterprise program management leadership with a proven track record of delivery success as measured by customer satisfaction.
Experience in a regulated industry a plus, specifically healthcare
- Solid service delivery experience in a cross-functional environment is required.
- Strong executive presence, communication, and collaboration skills with Senior Leadership
- Practical IT experience with modern information security technologies and vendor solutions to include but not limited to strong authentication, network security, endpoint security, cloud/SaaS/PaaS security, security information and event management, SSDLC, mobile security, privacy, and regulatory compliance.
- Effective and flexible project management
- Proven trusted advisor in the shared services operating model.
- Experience leading, coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors to meet affiliate and National Office business needs.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired, but not required with relevant security or technology work experience.
- Experience with information security frameworks: HIPAA, PCI DSS, NIST, ISO 27001.
Travel: 0-10% travel, as needed
Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt-in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Roles that are denoted as NYC, DC, or both will work a hybrid schedule, requiring 2-3 days per week in the office unless the role is denoted as onsite, which requires working onsite full time or 5 days per week.
Salary: $130,000 – $140,000 a year