Associate Counsel at Parexel
Title: Associate Counsel / Attorney
- United Kingdom – Middlesex – Uxbridge
- Location: United Kingdom – Middlesex – Uxbridge
We are currently hiring an Associate Counsel / Attorney to join our team in the United Kingdom! We are open to the successful candidate being office-based in our location in Uxbridge, working a mix of home and office based to suit their personal situation, or indeed being fully decentralised and working from home full-time from anywhere in the United Kingdom.
The Associate Counsel / Attorney is primarily responsible and accountable for independently drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, with an emphasis on revenue-generating contracts with our customers. The successful candidate will have frequent interactions with internal stakeholders across multiple business units and functional groups and will be responsible for ensuring that all contracting processes are followed, including obtaining and documenting all approvals required in connection with each contract. In addition to the drafting and negotiation of customer-facing commercial contracts, the Associate Counsel / Attorney will also draft, negotiate and close a variety of vendor contracts and other agreements relating to the Company’s operations.
The ideal candidate will have deep contracting expertise, substantial experience supporting global clinical trials, first-rate legal and business acumen, excellent leadership and customer service skills, and a positive can-do attitude. The ability to understand risks, balance competing interests, and provide rapid, practical and appropriate legal advice to the Company s strategic business units (SBUs) and functional units is critical to success for this position. The Associate Counsel / Attorney will participate in and contribute to the on-going review and improvement of relevant processes, guidelines and procedures relating to the Company s operations. The work requires cross-functional and cross-SBU collaboration within the Company.
This is a client-facing position. It is expected that the Associate Counsel / Attorney will establish productive relationships with our internal and external clients and business partners and foster a client-focused approach with respect to the performance of all Legal & Risk Management responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze complex business and legal issues/risks in order to advance practical solutions.
- Exceptional legal drafting skills with an affinity for using language to achieve compromise.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take a business and client-focused approach to work.
- Process-oriented and proactive approach to contract drafting and negotiation.
- Able to engage team members in order to improve performance and achieve objectives.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness.
- Independent worker and self-starter.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied negotiations with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Possess financial and business acumen.
- Ability to establish project management plans with internal and external stakeholders and drive negotiations in accordance with aggressive timelines.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Law or related legal field.
- Qualified Solicitor with the Law Society of Ireland or equivalent body.
Minimum Work Experience
- Strong professional experience as an Attorney/Solicitor, with 2 – 6 years + law firm training (large multi-national law firm preferred), and/or 2-6 years + in-house experience negotiating commercial contracts for a global corporation (preference for life sciences).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!