Associate Collections Representative at UnitedHealth Group
Title: SSM – Associate Collections Representative – Remote
Location: United States
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
$2000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.
The Associate Collections Representative is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency, negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handling of unresolved inquiries/issues, and responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies in payments submitted by insurance carriers to ensure reimbursement is in accordance with contracts and policies
- Work with outside departments to resolve claim presentation issues resulting in denials
- Make outgoing insurance calls
- Act as a liaison between insurance payer and the hospital; Notify Management of any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Our ideal candidate is an adept communicator; deadline oriented, and self-motivated, with excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Basic Proficiency with Windows PC applications and MS Office (create, edit, format Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 6+ months exposure to the acquiring and/or managing of data to support a project
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday between 7:00am 6:00pm CST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Background in a medical/healthcare setting
- Direct healthcare data collection experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 – $22.02. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.00 – $24.13. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.