Assistant to the Chief Impact Officer at ActBlue
Title: Assistant to the Chief Impact Officer
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000 based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive, people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Executive Assistant will support ActBlue’s Chief Impact Officer (CIO), enabling her to prioritize areas of impact that support ActBlue’s programming and the small-dollar donor movement. This role will report directly to the CIO and provide scheduling and administrative support to help move programmatic departments’ priorities forward. The position also involves creating cross-departmental systems to align benchmarks and other interdepartmental coordination with the CIO.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Calendaring & Administrative Support
- Manage the CIO’s daily and weekly calendar, including but not limited to scheduling internal recurring Outreach Team and one-on-one meetings
- Build and maintain a program calendar with deadlines for various teams
- Proactively manage the CIO’s monthly and quarterly calendars so they are synced to the organization’s broader strategic priorities
- Prepare the CIO for weekly commitments and meetings, and ensure she has relevant materials, IT-enabled equipment, and logistics support
Meeting Support (Internal & External)
- Drive and own operational and technical logistics for department meetings including team meetings, off-site meetings, and external events and meetings
- Help prepare the CIO for upcoming meetings and events by assisting with presentations, talking points, and other necessary materials
- Plan and book the CIO’s work-related domestic travel arrangements, including managing costs and expense reimbursement actions
- Perform other administrative projects and specific duties as requested
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Zero to two years of experience working in a professional environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and/or with a senior leadership coordinator role
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by contributing to ActBlue’s goals and mission
- Problem-solver approach: can identify problems and figure out the best solution to work through them with limited guidance
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is preferred
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months of paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks include monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.