Assistant Editor, Online Resources at Poets & Writers
POETS & WRITERS, INC. ASSISTANT EDITOR, ONLINE RESOURCES
The assistant editor, online resources, is an integral part of the team responsible for developing and maintaining Poets & Writers’ website, which attracts more than 1.5 million unique visitors per year and is the creative writer’s primary online source for information and advice. Responsibilities include maintaining a variety of databases, participating in the development of new online resources, and conducting related research. The position offers a fastidious, knowledgeable, and web-savvy person an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of Poets & Writers’ fast-growing online service to creative writers.
This is a remote, part-time position. Candidates must be U.S. residents and available to work twenty hours per week between 11:00AM and 7:00PM EST, Monday to Friday; exact days and hours negotiable.
Annual salary: $22,500.
- Maintaining P&W’s databases of small presses, literary magazines, literary agents, literary places, MFA programs, and review outlets.
- Producing select online content, including Clips for the Poets & Writers Theater and others, as assigned.
- Assisting with the maintenance of P&W’s online resources, including the Directory, Top Topics for Writers, and the Literary Events Calendar.
- Promoting select content on social media, as needed. • Ensuring that assigned content areas are current and accurate and adhere to house style.
- Learning, adapting to, and providing feedback on online features, tools, resources, and databases, and providing input on website enhancements/improvements.
- With digital director and marketing team, create visibility for online resources, including promotion and engagement on social media, outreach to P&W constituencies, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Web savvy; strong experience with maintaining databases.
- Highly organized and outstanding attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the literary marketplace.
- Independent, self-motivated worker.
- At least one year of office experience.
- Passion for contemporary poetry and literary prose.
- Experience with basic HTML, Drupal, e-newsletters, and social media, a plus.
- Experience as a proofreader or fact-checker, a plus.
- Upholds P&W’s values—service, integrity, inclusivity, and excellence—and shares our commitment to antiracism.