Assistant Editor, Demand at Healthline Media
Assistant Editor, Demand – Healthline
At Healthline, our Greatist team is looking for an Assistant Editor. Our Greatest team provides highly relevant, best-in-class health content with a big dose of personality. Our SEO/demand team creates credible, accurate, easy-to-understand content that supports people wherever they are on their wellness journey. We think the best way to connect with readers is by being real, inclusive, informative and entertaining!
If you have a passion for health content that’s credible, accurate, and truly helps people, come join our team! Greatist is seeking a smart, super-motivated, and uber-organized Assistant Editor to join our amazing Content team.
The Assistant Editor will support Demand editors by managing our team of freelancers, onboarding new writers, assisting with the production process, and assigning and editing SEO-optimized articles. Applicants should feel comfortable prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and digging through studies/translating research to fit our casual, witty tone. A sense of humor and interest in wellness, fitness, skin care, and nutrition are strongly encouraged. Experience with creating SEO health content a plus, but not required.
What You’ll Do:
- Help to identify and connect with high-quality writers, and assess them to increase and improve the SEO writer pool.
- Own onboarding and training of new writers.
- Independently manage administrative duties to support the Demand team.
- Assign, edit, and publish 10 high-quality articles every month that fit the Greatist tone and meet editorial standards.
- Facilitate and streamline the monthly production process.
- QA published content.
- Monitor and update spreadsheets to track data, metrics, and more.
- Interface with Design, Social, Medical, and other teams to support efficient communication and collaboration.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years of editorial experience.
- Superb research, writing, and communication skills.
- Experience with creating content based on SEO best practices.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a firm understanding of AP style.
- Understanding of the Greatist brand style and voice.
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing workload.
- Experience with health, lifestyle, and/or medical content helpful but not required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Who We Are:
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it’s like to work at Healthline Media.
GPTW review / Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work / LinkedIn
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!