Application Developer – Web and Mobile at US Foods
Title: Application Developer
Web and Mobile apps (Remote/Virtual position)
Join Our Community of Food People!
Are you ready for your next career adventure? (Afterall, your next job should be fun, shouldn’t it)?
Are you ready to join a team of high performers working together to create cutting edge web and mobile apps using the latest technologies? (Afterall, you do want to work with a team that will challenge you to learn new things, be the best you can be, and deliver cool solutions, right)?
Would you love to be able to work from anywhere in the continental U.S.?
At US Foods, we care about YOU, want to enable your SUCCESS, and make winning (together) FUN!
So, now that we’ve got your attention, let’s talk about the opportunity…
We’re looking for an Application Developer to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for all the cool stuff like development and implementation of web and mobile applications. You will have the opportunity to work across business functions to deliver high performing applications that are scalable as well as easy to maintain. You will also be responsible for applying your growing technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to solve problems relating to outages, application performance issues, and specific user requests (basically, you get to save the day and be someone’s hero)!
The work is completed 100% remote anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and participate in project ideation – from concept to delivery
- Gather information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded
- Develop moderately complex programs
- Ensure programs meet standards and technical specifications
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Create documentation of work assignments such as program code and technical documentation
- Assist support and/or project personnel in resolving program issues
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related area required
- Experience with requirements gathering, design, implementation, integration, and testing
- Coursework or demonstrated skill in object-oriented programming
- Experience in web application development OR hands-on website development experience
- Experience integrating front-end templates with back-end functionality
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Microservice architecture
- JDBC, JMS, Web Services, J2EE, Applet, Servlet, JSP, JSON.
- WebLogic, Tomcat
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS (API Gateway, WebSocket, Lambda, EC2, S3)
- New Relic
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $70,000 – $97,200. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance.