Anti-Money Laundering Counsel, Latin America and Emerging Markets
MIDWEST IL – CHICAGO JOB NO. 00717956
Accenture LLP seeks an Anti-Money Laundering Counsel, Latin America and Emerging Markets to support the design, implementation, and management of a global anti-money laundering compliance (“AML”) program, with a particular focus on Latin America and Emerging Markets. Support AML compliance program initiatives and enhancements to meet legal and business requirements, including: risk assessments and risk profiles, client due diligence processes and reviews, computer-based and live training, policy and procedure development, internal controls and monitoring, corporate communications, and tools and metrics development. Ensure proper monitoring and manage AML risks and legal requirements, with a particular focus in Latin America and Emerging Markets. Provide legal guidance on business opportunities that may carry AML risks and requirements through offerings reviews, contract negotiations, acquisition assessments, and post-merger compliance planning. Research current AML industry best practices, changes in laws and regulations, enforcement actions, and trends to provide guidance and recommendations on how to mitigate risks.
- Position requires a Juris Doctor degree in Law, and 3 years of designing, implementing, and driving the management of an anti-corruption program and associated policies in Latin American markets.
- Experience must include a minimum of:
- 3 years of experience with implementing legal compliance programs of a Business Process Outsourcing/ITO service provider that address particular risk factors prevalent in Latin American markets, including risk assessment interviews, documenting and tracking findings, and devising remediation strategies;
- 3 years of experience advising internal business partners in Latin American markets on the impact of anti-corruption laws on strategic business decisions, including mergers and acquisitions;
- 3 years of experience with assessing business partners’ and third-parties’ compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act;
- 3 years of experience with anti-corruption monitoring tools and systems, including developing algorithm-based tools to review and assess third parties;
- 6 months of experience with AML program design, testing, and program to manage business risk and mitigate exposure to business operations;
- 6 months of experience with AML transaction systems, and sanctions monitoring systems, including OFAC, and FinCEN and EU sanction lists;
- and 6 months of experience with investigation of AML risks, and developing proposals and strategies for new risk assessment tools.
- Employer will permit telecommuting from various, unanticipated locations in the United States.
Job Location: Chicago, IL, and employer will permit telecommuting from various, unanticipated locations throughout the United States.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.