Android Engineer at Jaumo
Android Engineer (m/f/d)
- Gppingen, DE – Remote OK
Jaumo is a social experience app that creates exciting opportunities to help people meet others, make new friends, and socialize. Our app connects people and provides a dynamic user experience that encourages people to scroll less and talk more.
We’re a bootstrapped, fully remote company based in Germany with a distributed team of 30+ people working from 15 countries worldwide. Over the last ten years, we’ve built a sustainable business in a fast-growing and competitive sector.
The social apps in our portfolio have been downloaded more than 100M times, and we’re one of the world’s largest independent social discovery app developers. Today, Jaumo has an average 4.6-star rating on the Google Play store (one of the highest in our category). Join our team and help us build a product that humanizes how people socialize online.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We seek a passionate, highly energetic Android Engineer (f/m/d) with strong experience. You will be an essential part of our bootstrapped and 100% remote company with a flat organizational structure. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key position.
WE OFFER YOU
- You will work on something meaningful. Many businesses say they change lives, but we do it. We’ve helped millions of people worldwide find new friends, love, and happiness the collection of Jaumo weddings, babies, and anniversaries grows yearly!
- A great work-life balance. Work whenever you want from wherever you are. We care about results, not hours. This is a remote role in a fully remote international team. You can work from anywhere between UTC-1 and UTC+3 (European time zones).
- As a fact- and engineering-driven company, we have a ‘no bullshit’ policy
- You can enjoy 30 days of paid vacation plus your local holidays, and a competitive salary
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work on the front end for our award-winning apps that are used by millions of users every month
- Be part of our cross-functional product Scrum team that is responsible for our Android apps and implementing new features
- Maintain and optimize the app environment; take ownership of features, tools, and your codebase
- Work agile with a motivated and innovative lean team of experts (including us, the two founders)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION IF YOU…
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in various platforms and technologies. We admire engineers who take the initiative, make decisions, and implement them precisely. We’re a bootstrapped company that doesn’t have millions in VC funding to drive growth at all costs. We’re building a sustainable, long-term company that our users love, and we love working for.
- real-world experience in building and maintaining mobile apps is a must
- solid experience in Kotlin, MV concepts, reactive programming, threading, memory management, REST APIs, version control
- love getting things done – You never give up when it’s difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- are self-motivated and comfortable working remotely with the minimal direction
- speak and write business-fluent English
- Bonus: you have experience working on a mobile app with a large userbase
- Bonus: you have hands-on experience with WebRTC, real-time apps, or games.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Our hiring process generally consists of five stages (including a homework project), and usually takes up to a few weeks, depending on how fast each stage is completed:
- Initial application review
- HackerRank online test – 90 minutes to check your coding skills
- Jobfit interview – an initial chat to get to know you better
- Homework project – a role-related assignment that simulates work you’d do at Jaumo
- Skills interview – more in-depth and technical talk involving several people that you will work with
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your entire application, including references and your portfolio.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more