Aircraft Testing and Troubleshooting Writer at Dayton T. Brown
Aircraft Testing and Troubleshooting Writer
- Full Time
Join our amazing team of talented, dedicated professionals here at Dayton T. Brown, Inc.!
We offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition Reimbursement at up to 100%
- Annual performance reviews to help you advance and grow
- Medical/Dental/Vision/401k/Profit Sharing
- An array of employee activities (Picnics, Baseball Games, Photo & Fishing Contests, Employee Gymnasium and more!)
- A family-friendly work culture
- Cash incentives and recognition awards
In this role, you will:
- Develop principles of operation with corresponding detailed block diagrams, functional test procedures, and fault isolation procedures from engineering materials consisting of wiring diagrams, schematics, acceptance test procedures, and related system information
- Perform thorough and accurate content reviews of developed technical data to ensure incorporation of proper engineering/customer data, compliance with active specifications, style and format, and standard publications practices
- Train junior personnel, and be proactive with project managers to ensure team compliance and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (such as engineers, technicians, programmers) to gain an understanding of the product with nominal daily direction
To be an Aircraft and Troubleshooting Writer, you’ll need:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent on-the-job training
- US Citizenship
- 7+ years’ experience with commercial or military aircraft/helicopter technical data development, with specific expertise related to Communication/Navigation systems, demonstrating a thorough understanding of theory of operation, main components, system interface, and signal flow
- Ability to read various types of source data, to include engineering drawings, engineering change notices, parts lists, schematics, wiring diagrams, wire run lists, block diagrams, acceptance test procedures, and design specifications
- Prior hands-on testing and troubleshooting of commercial and/or military aircraft/helicopter systems, technical data development, demonstrating a thorough understanding of aircraft systems
- Familiarity and/or experience with military and commercial specifications (S-1000D, MIL-STD 40051, iSpec 2200 etc.)
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, MS Office applications, desktop publishing systems
- Editorial skills with an emphasis on consistency and quality
- Basic understanding and experience with XML and IETMs.
Contact us! We’d love to hear from you! With nearly 70 years of experience in providing support to both military and commercial customers, we know the value of technical competence and relationship building. Aircraft and Troubleshooting Writers, click to apply!
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!