Agency Account Specialist at Clearcover
Title: Agency Account Specialist
Location: Remote or Chicago, IL
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers – and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is an Agency Account Specialist?
We are looking for an experienced Agency Account Specialist to help us bring Clearcover insurance product solutions to the growing independent agency distribution channel.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring a sales operations background in meeting the needs of various independent agencies. You’ll have experience onboarding and activating new agencies, educating agencies on Clearcover’s product and value proposition, and frequently work between Clearcover and agencies to solve complex problems. You’ll be able to effectively sell the Clearcover value proposition to drive adoption for our product offerings.
You’ll be data-savvy and be able to identify agency trends, and tailor agency communications to achieve desired results.
You’ll support a territory of independent agencies, supporting an Agency Account Manager in achieving territory goals by working closely with the individual agencies in a given territory.
As an Agency Account Specialist, you’ll be expected to work across each of our functional areas, understand our products, sales experience, and operational processes and then represent them externally.
- New Agency Onboarding and Activation Serve as point-of-contact for best practices (i.e. agency training and knowledge base materials) to optimize performance and profitability during the agency’s onboarding period.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration Work effectively with members of customer service, brand, product, compliance, and operational teams to effectively support independent agencies
- Sales Support – Handle escalated agency support questions through collaboration with internal Clearcover teams
- Territory Support – Work closely with assigned territory’s Agency Account Manager to prepare for agency consultations and tailor agency messaging to drive desired results
What are our must haves?
- You’re a great communicator. You’re able to effectively advise agencies on best practices and sales processes
- You’re highly cross-functional. You know how to simplify operational processes and work across multiple functional areas to address issues head-on.
- You have experience with agencies You have previous experience working in an agency or supporting insurance agencies, and are very familiar with agency operations
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships and issues.
- You understand insurance compliance. You’re familiar with agency licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes
- You’re detail oriented– You feel comfortable diving into numbers to identify trends and propose solutions.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- P&C license preferred
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups, live yoga, and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware, snack stipends, and meeting free Focus Fridays .
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
- Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.