Administrative Assistant at Symetra Financial
Administrative Assistant #7470
Telecommuter – United States
AREA OF INTEREST
Administrative and Support Services
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our Retirement Sales team as an Administrative Assistant!
About the role
The Administrative Assistant will support the Retirement Sales leadership team and function as Reception/Office Manager. Provides a range of clerical/administrative support tasks. Responsibilities include the organization, prioritization, and coordination of work including confidential information. Duties include providing service to customers, staff and visitors; typing/editing and proofreading various department documents, creating and maintaining filing systems, scheduling meetings and general calendar management. Duties will vary by department.
- Schedule meetings for department managers and staff, resolve meeting conflicts or communicate scheduling changes to meeting owners.
- Schedule virtual meetings and physical conference rooms, communicate with internal and external attendees, order and set up equipment as needed. Order and set up catering for meetings as applicable/needed.
- Compose/edit/proofread a variety of correspondence, reports, policies, forms, and other printed or electronic materials.
- Support team with event organization as needed.
- Create and maintain organizational filing systems, paper and electronic.
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory of department equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate gifts/purchasing, expense reporting and invoice reconciliation.
- Handle any mail, shipping or special delivery services as needed.
- Answer incoming calls and e-mails, take messages, prioritize, screen and route as appropriate.
What we offer you
If you want to invest in yourself and build a career, this is a great place to work. If you don’t want to put in the effort to learn the industry and become a student of the business (it takes real effort!), there are easier places to work. Cris H. – AVP Internal Sales, Training and Development
Symetra is inclusive of all employees regardless of their personal differences. Darrell J. – Actuary III
Symetra values learning. Symetra has so many resources – whether that is the Student of the Business courses, sponsorship of professional certifications, or just individual employees being so willing to teach and answer questions. Felicia D. – Financial Reporting Lead Senior Analyst
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
Your education, experience and skills
- High School Diploma
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Operate at a high level of integrity with the ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Detail oriented, self motivated, and able to multi-task and problem solve with minimal direction.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of follow up and responsiveness.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite.
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we’re guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they’re getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what’s right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.