Administrative Assistant at TaxValet
Remote Administrative Assistant Part-Time (Tax Permit Coordinator
- Title: Remote Administrative Assistant Part-Time (Tax Permit Coordinator)
- Location: 100% REMOTE (USA)
- Schedule: Part-Time – 4-5 hours per day, 5 days a week
- Compensation: $17/hr
About The Role
This role is fully remote and great for someone who is looking for something flexible, long term and part-time. You’ll be using your project management and attention to detail skills to assist clients with getting set-up within state tax systems quickly. The result being that TaxValet’s filing team is able to pay each clients’ taxes accurately and on time. This will be a highly collaborative role and will involve working with clients, internal teammates, state agencies, and more.
The Permit Coordinator will primarily be responsible for opening new sales tax accounts, closing existing sales tax accounts, preparing and sending Power of Attorney forms, and troubleshooting permit issues as they pop up.
In time, you’ll be considered an expert on state sales tax permits and someone that many will turn to when looking for advice.
Don’t worry—we’ll provide lots of training and help along the way. Your attitude and potential is much more important than your current knowledge and experience.
We’re not just a tax company. We’re an emotions company. We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point? At TaxValet, our Core Purpose is to “transform negative emotions into something positive for our clients, partners, and each other”. It just so happens that we do that by eliminating the hassle and stress of sales tax.
We are a fast-growing, financially stable, and profitable business with a small but AWESOME team of 15 teammates. We’re building a world-class sales tax team, and if you join us, you’ll be part of the reason why.
We are a core-value driven business. That means we hire, promote, and reward based on alignment with our core values:
- Feel It: We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and for each other. A little warmth and understanding goes a long way.
- Shape It: We have a passion for possibilities and recognize that we are the authors of our own future.
- Own It: We take responsibility for the outcomes, both good and bad.
- Crush It: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We are competitive and want to WIN!
We are also a “give 1%” organization. This means that 1% of profit, employee time, and service time is dedicated to nonprofits. This year, we contributed to typhoon disaster relief in the Philippines.
Compensation and Benefits
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are other reasons why we love working at TaxValet including. Part-time positions are not eligible for our full list of benefits, however being part-time allows for:
- $17 per hour for 20-25 hours per week
- Flexible Schedule.
- 100% Remote work.
There is an opportunity to be promoted into a full-time benefits-eligible position (including healthcare, and more) in case that is something that interests you. This opportunity will become available around August 2021.
Some intangible benefits include:
- In a recent survey, 100% of employees scored working at TaxValet a 9 or 10 out of 10.
- Learn relevant and in-demand skills you’ll have for the rest of your career.
- Opportunity to have a real impact and grow your career with the company.
- Opportunity to join company retreats and vacations (post-COVID, of course).
- A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to learn and grow professionally and wants a career (not just a job). We can train you on a lot of things, but here are our non-negotiables:
- Comfortable talking on the phone and pressing people for what you need.
- Experience working in administrative services, legal secretary, or research preferred but not required.
- Positive references from past supervisors.
- Can pass an extensive background check.
- You are not afraid to call people more than twice to get the information you need to get a project across the finish line
- You have high attention-to-detail and a perfectionist at heart.
- Self-starter and shows initiative to get work done even without constant supervision
- Excellent at time management. You don’t waste time on frivolous activities.
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies.
Please note that the final step before being hired is for you to arrange reference calls with your former managers and others.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Opening Sales Tax Permits. The Permit Coordinator is responsible for owning the creation of assigned sales tax permits from application to handoff. This includes applying for the sales tax permits and creating access to the state account to verify any information needed so the account can then be turned over to the Account Manager for filing purposes. The Permit Coordinator communicates with the states to ensure accurate permit information.
- Prepare and Submit Power of Attorney Forms. The Permit Coordinator prepares, sends, and submits the Power of Attorney forms for clients to give TaxValet the ability to communicate with states on behalf of the client.
- Permit Closures. The Permit Coordinator will work with the Onboarding Liaison and Account Manager in respect to closing out sales tax permits for clients who no longer have nexus, sold their business or will be offboarding from TaxValet
- Process Client Scanned Mail. The Permit Coordinator reviews all inbound scanned mail and saves documents to the client record. Once the document is saved, the permit coordinator will notify the account manager or anyone in the TaxValet team that the document affects. All desk tickets must be reviewed for urgency within the shift they are received, ideally as soon as it is received.
- Process Client Physical Mail: The Permit Coordinator will receive all physical mail from our virtual mail provider. This mail will then be sorted and mailed to the individual clients. Any checks received will be sent via certified mail.
- Continual Learning. The Permit Coordinator will prioritize continued learning in areas related to sales tax permits, state tax updates, Power of Attorney and sales tax forms, other taxes that impact sales tax reporting, and any other topics or technologies related to the permit process.
Specific Measures of Success
No surprises here! After a year on the job, you’ll be measured by these specific outcomes:
- Permit Process Completion Time. The entire permit process from application to the ability to file is completed in a median time of fewer than 45 days.
- Permit Application Turnaround Time. The Permit Coordinator will have all sales tax permit applications submitted within less than 48 hours of notification from the Onboarding Team.
- Education Hours. The Permit Coordinator will complete 3 hours per quarter in work-related education or training.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!