Virtual Administrative Assistant
10-20 + Hours
Please Note: This job is being posted on behalf of John Fox (https://root-nyc.com/) by Profit Factory (https://www.profitfactory.com/). Profit Factory is a company which works with entrepreneurs to match them to assistants.
John Fox and Sadeq Ali are the founders of Root NYC, a technology company based in NYC and Bengaluru, India. Root NYC is focused on testing, incubating and launching promising products and tech-driven companies across various industry verticals and technology stacks and founded on the thesis that Code Velocity is the core metric that drives success and failure in the information age.
- In this position, you will be responsible for assisting our founders with their calendars and scheduling, creating and maintaining to-do lists and ensuring they stay on track, managing invoices and payments, tracking weekly deliverables for them and the team, onboarding new contractors and employees, facilitating team meetings, develop and maintain systems and procedures, manage project timelines and handling a variety of administrative tasks.
- You must be flexible, organized and extremely detail oriented with the ability to solve problems on your own, quickly and efficiently. We are looking for someone who is very tech savvy, can anticipates future issues & plan their work accordingly.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who is committed, can take ownership of a task, adapts easily to systems and is eager to take on new responsibilities.
Our position may be a good fit if you:
- can prioritize tasks and plan ahead
- have the ability to anticipate something that is needed before it’s delegated
- are a quick learner & don’t need things explained repeatedly
- have exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- have outstanding customer service skills
- are accountable and conscientious with strong follow-through and excellent judgment skills
- have effective time and task management skills
- are hardworking, resourceful, flexible, and have a strong work ethic!
- are highly motivated, friendly, and easy going
- can multitask and juggle several things at once
- have project management skills
Technical skills required:
- Office – Visio, Powerpoint and Excel
- Google Suite
Knowing these tools will be helpful:
- Squarespace (or a similar website tool)
- This position is a contractor (1099) position.
- The position will start out with 10-20 hours per week, but could move to more hours with the right person and as the need arises.
- Flexible hours, however, the Root NYC team is located in both the EST and IST (India) timezones so it is imperative that you are flexible as you will need to be available for periodic check-ins with our team members across several timezones. There will be days you will need to be available during very early/late hours or on weekends. Non-facing client tasks can be done during flexible hours set by you.
- The pay rate for this position is $19/hr.
- We’re looking for someone to become a long term (3+ years) team member.
How to Apply:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not contact Root NYC or John Fox and Sadeq Ali directly. Doing so will disqualify you for the position.)
In the subject line, please write, “Hi, I’m (your name) from (insert your city & state). I’m interested in the Root NYC position.”
In the body of the message, please write me a 16 sentence email including:
- Two sentence opening salutation that says: “Hi there! I’m (your name) from (city, state).”
- Paragraph #1: Reason(s) why you think this job is a fit for you, including your experience with as an administrative assistant and the type of tasks you handled for your boss. (black font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #2: How you would rate your technical skills and knowledge (on a scale of 0-10 with 0 being the lowest) and your level of proficiency from 0-10 (0 being the lowest) with Asana, Quickbooks, Microsoft Visio, Powerpoint, Excel and Google Suite. Please provide a brief synopsis of your experience using these tools. (red font, Verdana, 4 sentences)
- Paragraph #3: Your experience in project/team management and managing your boss/team’s daily deliverables. (blue font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #4: If you are/are not currently working (if you are, please indicate if you plan to leave for this position), the hours and days you are available to work (include the time zone) and where you see yourself in three years. (black font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
One sentence closing providing the following:
- A closing salutation including your name, email address, and phone number. If you have a LinkedIn account please provide your profile link.
Be sure to attach a resume. Thanks!
Our application process is unique and includes extensive assessment. We want to find the best match possible for our high profile Entrepreneurs, and the application process plays a critical role in that. You can expect to complete another assessment if you pass this first step. If you pass the second assessment, we’ll invite you to interview with our onboarding consultant.