Administrative Assistant at International Registration Plan, Inc.
Remote / Part-Time
International Registration Plan, Inc. seeks a part-time, remote administrative assistant to provide a wide range of administrative support in a virtual environment. Duties support accounting, membership, and virtual and in-person events. Hours to be 20 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process, validate, code, and input payments to IRP. Create and send IRP, Inc. dues and other invoices. Track payment in database.
- Process payment of IRP, Inc. bills, including inputting correct coding. Track recurring invoices.
- Review and process travel expense vouchers. Reconcile and code credit card statement.
- Perform bank account reconciliations.
- Provide assistance for other accounting tasks as needed, such as providing information for outsourced accountant and organization’s audit.
- Serve as the primary contact for email and phone communication.
- Provide support for collection of reports or responses from jurisdictions. Track results and compile spreadsheets.
- Provide support for other member services and communications, such as posting meeting materials to group pages online, collecting conflict of interest forms, creating surveys, scheduling meetings, generating letters based on templates, ordering resources, and sending onboarding emails to new members.
- Maintain committee, Board and task force rosters. Updating database with changes. Create letters using existing templates.
- Provide administrative support for virtual and in-person meetings. Register comped attendees, communicate with attendees, produce and edit registration lists, produce thank you letters, create signage or PowerPoints, review draft materials, and order awards.
- For onsite events, track travel logistics for funded attendees, communicate with funded attendees, generate and proof badges, order supplies, make reservations for group dinners, upload information to meeting app, and order supplies. Onsite, assist with event logistics and manage registration desk.
- For virtual events, learn virtual platform, participate in rehearsals, and provide support during the live event.
- Provide administrative support to other staff as needed.
- Support home office operations and monitor current options for efficiency and cost savings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school graduate; Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum four years relevant work experience.
- Independent, self-motivated worker with excellent follow-through; able to work successfully in remote environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accuracy in working with numbers, to include ability to check invoice calculations.
- Highly organized, with the ability to track and follow-up on cyclical tasks and projects and to independently manage own workload.
- Strong communication skills demonstrated via email and phone.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with different systems, including accounting software and databases. QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Strong customer service mind-set.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Past experience working virtually a plus.
- Ability to do occasional travel, typically two to three trips a year, with overnight stays for periods of up to one week.
- Ability to work more than set part-time work schedule on occasion.
- Availability to set a regular part-time schedule within the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Employees are provided IRP equipment to complete their work, including work computer and cell phone. This part-time schedule will qualify employee for 401(K) plan with a company match up to 4% and annual and sick leave.
About IRP, Inc.: The International Registration Plan (IRP), Inc. is a nonprofit organization which is run virtually. The current six staff members are all located in different states across the country.
The International Registration Plan is an agreement between the U.S. states and Canadian provinces which recognizes the registration of commercial motor vehicles registered by other jurisdictions. It provides for payment of apportioned licensing fees based on the total distance operated in all member jurisdictions. IRP helps to ensure a smooth registration process and strives to positively impact safe, efficient and effective operations for commercial motor vehicles in North America. To learn more about IRP, see the website or watch the IRP Carrier Training Video. IRP, Inc. is the official repository of the Plan, providing services, education and information needed to achieve optimum compliance and efficiency in registering vehicles involved in inter-jurisdictional commerce.