Administrative Assistant at Macmillan Learning
At Macmillan Learning, the health and safety of our employees and contract staff is a top priority. Accordingly, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all staff that will be working in a Macmillan Learning office, or have job duties requiring them to travel for work. If offered the role, the candidate will need to provide proof of vaccination in advance of their start date. Employees can request religious and/or medical exemptions to this requirement by following the process outlined in the offer letter.
Austin candidates are preferred, but this position is also eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
The Administrative Assistant directly supports certain members of the Senior Leadership team. Responsibilities include cross-functional collaboration, meeting coordination, admin support, and management of specific projects for each group. This may include specific accountabilities, coordinating efforts, basic data analysis, creating/designing presentations in various presentation software, and logistical support. The Administrative Assistant also applies budget management skills and systems knowledge.
- Coordinate and provide support for Executive meetings, both regularly scheduled meetings on a monthly or weekly basis and special occasional meetings for strategic planning and other purposes. Book spaces for meetings. Handle logistics of food, Audio Visual needs, copying and distribution of materials.
- Serve as project manager and/or organizational lead for various cross-functional initiatives requiring documentation and logistical direction of activities over defined periods, including but not limited to communication, tracking, and meeting coordination around milestones.
- Administrative responsibilities including managing calendars, scheduling calls, appointments, meetings and visitors. Serve as a gatekeeper for the executives’ schedules and time. Book and plan travel including changes and emergency changes.
- Organize information for executives for all purposes, including note-taking, creating PowerPoint presentations, assembling external materials for review, gathering professional data regarding external visitors, sourcing articles or other external information needed by executives.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis from various systems including simple budget management tasks.
- 2 years’ experience supporting executive level staff or related job experience
- Experience demonstrating excellent, proactive organizational skills
- Experience managing detailed projects
- Experience communicating complex information verbally and in writing to diverse audiences
- Experience using Google Suite tools, and team messaging tools, e.g. Slack/Teams
- Experience successfully multi-tasking within demanding timeframes
- Experience demonstrating solid skills in problem identification and problem solving
- Ability to navigate to multiple software systems with ease
- Experience exercising independent judgment in defining problems, independently conducts administrative research as necessary
- Experience demonstrating discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly, e.g., expense, time keeping, performance management systems
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Experience with basic data analysis and reports
- Prior experience in tech
- Prior experience in support global engineering teams
- Experience assisting managers with hiring and on-boarding processes including the opening of personnel requisitions, arranging interview schedules
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with professional social networking sites (LinkedIn and others)
- Familiarity with Concur expense reporting
- Located in Austin
Macmillan Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your 401k retirement account through Fidelity (US)
- Generous paid time off, sick time, discretionary days. and paid holidays (Cesar Chavez Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, and more!)
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a privately-held, family owned company that improves lives through learning. By linking research to learning practice, we develop pioneering products and learning materials for students that are highly effective and drive improved outcomes. Our engaging content is developed in partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers. To learn more, please visit macmillanlearning.com or see us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or join our Macmillan Community. Macmillan Learning is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a family-owned global media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, veteran, family and economic status and background, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. You can read more about our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives here.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.
- 2 years: Experience supporting executive level staff or related job experience