OLC ADJUNCT: Sociology
About the Course:
The Sociology instructor will deliver instruction for the study of human society, the nature of culture and its organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate-level Sociology courses in an online environment according to the standards set forth by the College.
- Provide critical thinking-based instruction centered on the student learning outcomes of the course.
- Instruct course(s) throughout the week including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Develop and/or locate resources that will aid in student learning.
- The duties of the position will be conducted 100% online.
- Contracts are for 8 weeks; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance.
- Adjunct faculty will be required to attend regularly faculty meetings via a virtual environment.
Include the following with your submission:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume or CV
- One (1) professional letter of reference.
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Copy of all unofficial transcripts.
The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled. Omission of any of the required documents will render your application invalid and it will not be considered.
Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Applicant must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours or 30 quarter hours in sociology.
- 2+ years of documented face-to-face or online teaching experience.
- Experience working with Moodle LMS.
- Demonstrable experience developing resources to aid in student learning in the online environment.
- Candidates must have a reliable and consistent internet connection and a modern PC (preferable) or Mac running either Windows, MacOS, or Linux.
- Demonstrable experience of developing online courses in the subject areas listed above.
- Documented experience working with diverse and non-traditional learners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365 suite is highly preferred.