Adjunct Instructor – Data Science at Maryville University
Adjunct Instructor – Data Science
- Job no: 492255
- Work type: Adjunct
- Location: Remote
- Categories: Adjunct, College of Arts & Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses online and/or on main campus. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach Data Science undergraduate and graduate courses covering:
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Modeling
- Statistical Modeling
- Big data
- Deep Learning
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
- Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
- Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
- Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
- Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
- Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
- Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
- Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
- Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field
- Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Data Science related fields from a regionally accredited institution
- Teaching experience at the college level and industry level certifications.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!