Adjunct Faculty, Department of Leadership and Management at Saybrook University
- Part time
Saybrook University is seeking Adjuncts to join its Department of Leadership and Management.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, the Adjunct is responsible for: The M.A. and Ph.D. programs in DL&M prepare graduates to take on management and leadership positions and address organizational needs in a variety of for-profit or nonprofit industries. Helping student’s work toward sustainable change, we prepare leaders and managers who can work creatively in a globally interdependent world that is diverse, complex, ambiguous, and changing rapidly.
- Topical areas being sought include: sustainable business operations and solutions, collaborative global management, organizational social networks and information systems, organizational technology and virtual teams, socially responsible global economics, educational leadership, and healthcare leadership.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsive and timely communication with students in the online environment.
- Responsive and timely communication with Program Director.
- Active participation in degree and departmental meetings.
- Program representation on university-wide committee as warranted.
- Instruction, course development and syllabus review/updating.
- Deliver high quality innovative online courses that foster critical thinking.
- Attendance and active participation in Residential Orientations for new students and Residential Conferences for returning students.
- Mentoring students
- Earned PhD or EdD in management, leadership, business administration, organizational psychology, or an equivalent.
- Scholar-practitioners are preferred.
- Previous experience in faculty leadership roles, particularly with regard to curriculum development and online teaching.
- Demonstrated scholarship, leadership practice and/or accomplishments.
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the master’s and doctoral level, including supervision of master’s thesis, capstone projects, and doctoral dissertation research.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of Saybrook University.
- Able to offer online instruction regarding diverse theoretical perspectives.
- Promotes interdisciplinary work within and beyond the Department.
- Committed to excellence in teaching, practice and research.
- Critical and strategic thinkers.
- Strong commitment to equality, diversity and multiculturalism in education.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!