Adjunct Faculty – Accounting at Herzing University
Online Adjunct Faculty- Accounting
- Academics REMOT01548
Are you passionate about your career, and believe in the value of education, and the importance of life-long learning? Do you want to share your knowledge and experiences with students working towards a bright future?
Herzing University Online has an opportunity for you to share your experience and engage our student population as an Adjunct Faculty member teaching Accounting in an online capacity at the Master’s level.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of an Adjunct Faculty is to create a learning environment that is engaging, inspiring and supports students in achieving their highest academic potential. Your job as an Adjunct Faculty member will be to translate your background and experience into pragmatic information which will prepare your students to be successful in their new careers.
A faculty member’s responsibilities fall into eight basic areas:
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Effective Communication
- Pedagogical Mastery
- Operational Excellence
- Appreciation and Promotion of Diversity
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Utilization of Technology to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Continuous Improvement
These competencies, as identified by the University’s academic community encompass the knowledge, skills, and behaviors essential to a faculty member’s success in the classroom and provide the basis for the faculty hiring, evaluation and development process.
Requirements for Application:
- Candidates should have an earned doctorate in accounting from a regionally accredited institution
- Candidates should have at least one year of teaching experience
- Candidates must have either education in, or experience working with, U.S. GAAP
- Candidate holds a professional certification (ex. CPA, CMA, etc.)
- Candidate has three or more years of college-level teaching experience
- Candidate has two or more years of industry or public accounting experience
- Candidate has scholarly publications or working papers relevant to the field of accounting
- Candidate demonstrates interest in teaching taxation.
Adjunct Faculty are eligible to participate in the Herzing 401(k) plan with a generous company match!
Why Join Herzing?
At Herzing University our mission is to provide career-oriented degree programs to prepare a diverse and geographically distributed student population for career and development opportunities. Join a supportive team of faculty and staff who demonstrate the core values in our P.R.I.C.E. of Success model (Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Caring, and Engagement) for our students and our communities. Use your real world experience to prepare students for the rigors of a new career. Collaborate with students, faculty, and staff on continuous ways to foster our mission to help students succeed.
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Herzing University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and is dedicated to fostering a culture and atmosphere of mutual respect. It provides an inclusive and collegiate community where individuals are valued, heard and empowered to contribute to the effectiveness of the institution.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!