Addiction Medical Director – WA Pref, CA or Remote (20 hours) – PS19430
Seattle, Washington, United States
California, United States
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Seattle was recently listed as one of the top 10 “2017 Best Places To Live” in the United States by US News and World Report.
Responsible for the administration of medical services for company health plans including the overall medical policies of the business unit to ensure the appropriate and most cost effective medical care is received and for the day-to-day management of medical management staff. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Interprets existing policies and develops new policies based on changes in the healthcare or medical arena.
- Leads, develops, directs and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company, may chair or serve on company committees, may be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on external committees, conduct peer clinical and/or appeal case reviews and peer to peer clinical reviews with attending physicians or other ordering providers to discuss review determinations, provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of the program.
- Supports the medical management staff ensuring timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
- Requires M.D. or D.O. and current Board Certification in Addiction Medicine, Psychiatry, Family Practice, or Internal Medicine.
- If not Board Certified in Addiction Medicine, must possess a certification in Addiction Medicine.
- Must possess an active, unrestricted license to practice medicine issued by the State of Washington
- 10 total years of clinical experience with at least 5 years of post-residency clinical experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicaid health plans preferred.
- Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law, or regulation, must be located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base, vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 Diversity Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.