Actuarial Analyst at Cricket Health
Location: Remote, US
DATA – ACTUARIAL
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures data integrity is maintained throughout the reporting lifecycle.
- Implements reporting and reconciliation workflows and document processes.
- Responsible for experience studies and medical trend studies.
- Responsible for running queries and providing required analysis in order to understand related drivers (such as medical cost and utilization), as well as providing insightful commentary and sensitivity modeling analysis.
- Reports production to support financial reporting and operations.
- Pulls ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Performs research and collection of data, including data mining and reporting, which is -provided to various internal and external partners.
- Refers to senior level staff for assistance with high level problems that arise.
- Develops and test interim solutions, manages basic process changes, as needed, evaluates and monitors results making the appropriate changes/improvements as applicable.
- Automates manual reporting and analysis of business implication and trends.
- Drives efforts to continually improve data capabilities and quality of department analysis and reporting.
- Development of revenue and medical claims expense models for evaluating and projecting risk based contracts with health plan clients, ACOs and government partners.
- In depth claims of baseline and ongoing contract monthly data.
- Profitability analysis and drill down analysis into actual expected variances.
Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2- 5 years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database and email applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple departments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Pursuing ASA designation