- Finance and Operations
- Remote, USA
Thinkful is seeking an Accounting Manager to build out and lead our internal accounting operations. You should have experience managing the daily operations of an accounting or audit team, establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods and policies, leading internal audits, and comfort working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. As the Accounting Manager, you will set accounting strategy and give the why behind best practices to department leads across a remote and rapidly growing business. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get into the details.
In this role, you will own the general ledger, the coding of expenses, and closing the books. Currently, Thinkful uses an outsourced accounting firm, so your first priority will be to bring accounting functions in house. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate on a number of initiatives inside and outside the Finance Department. You will report to our Finance Manager, with whom you will work closely on budgeting, forecasting, and company financing initiatives. You will work with our Compliance and Operations Manager on compliance, payroll, and invoicing. Outside the department, you will work with our engineering and product teams to make sure revenue is recognized properly. You will prepare documentation for future fundraising and lead Thinkful through its first audit.
- Work with our outsourced accountants to document accounting procedures and bring relevant functions in house
- Select auditor for first company audit and lead the audit process
- Work with Finance Manager and executive team on all tax, reporting, and forecasting
- Work with Finance and Operations Managers on management of Payroll, AP
- Work with Education Operations and Engineering and Product on reporting of Accounts Receivable
- Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or equivalent, with experience setting accounting strategy and leading accounting initiatives (e.g., defining chart of accounts, implementing revenue recognition, creating and maintaining financial dashboards, implementing process and procedures to help with quick month/year end closes, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with GAAP standards
- Preferred experience as an accounting manager or audit manager at audit firm or within corporate accounting department
- Preferred experience with Quickbooks and more advanced accounting software (Intacct, Netsuite, Oracle, or other larger ERP systems)
- CPA preferred, but not required
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and significant equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individual and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Learn to code with Thinkful courses and a Mentor
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid parental leave
To apply to please provide your resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role.