Staff Accountant (US based)
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Our team is comprised of successful start-up veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We’re funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What you’ll be doing?
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations in areas such as cash, prepaids, and various expenses.
- Process AP invoices and communicate appropriately with vendors.
- Assist with monthly P/L reporting and variance explanations.
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting accounting information for operational and budgetary purposes.
- Provide support for external audits.
- Assist in Ad-Hoc projects such as system integrations and developing financial processes to support a fast-paced growing company.
- Developing technical accounting, NetSuite, and Excel skills to maintain processes and create efficiencies within responsibilities.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from an accredited university in accounting.
- 1-2 years of applicable accounting experience required.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts based on US GAAP.
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Strong communication skills to successfully work as a team in a remote setting.
- A willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with emphasis on meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, effectively analyze and solve problems.
- CPA or pursuing CPA preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Disability and life insurance