Account Manager- Distributor at SPINS
Title: Account Manager- Distributor (Retail Support Team)
Location: United States
Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
SPINS is focused on helping our clients achieve sustained, profitable growth. The Retail Support Team uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with analytics and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights.
The Account Manager will be connecting directly with the client (Distributor) to help them capture their biggest growth opportunities. The Account Manager will lead the delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets, in combination with each Client’s own information and team members. This role will be working directly with executives at our client companies to understand their opportunities and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them. The Account Manager will partner together with the client to understand, continually assess, and improve reporting and tools to continue to drive forward the client’s business.
What you bring:
- 5+ years CPG/Retail analytics experience in with a Distributor, Retailer, CPG company, or Market Research firm
- Prior experience managing client stakeholders and multiple projects concurrently
- Prior experience in translating data and using analyses in storytelling and reporting efficiency
- Proven track record achieving measurable business results
- Ability to identify and understand client needs & opportunities, and recommend potential solutions to capture them
- Excellent presentation skills very comfortable presenting to clients
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our client
- Self-starter, with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We are more excited if you also have:
- Preference for experience with Distributor or Retailer
- Comfortable with complexity
- Interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Prior experience with syndicated data such as IRi, NielsenIQ or SPINS strongly preferred
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and team SPINS Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.