Account Manager at Bishop Fox
Title: Account Manager
Location: U.S. Remote
Bishop Fox is the leading authority in offensive security, providing solutions ranging from continuous penetration testing, red teaming, and attack surface management to product, cloud, and application security assessments. We’ve worked with more than a quarter of the Fortune 100, half of the Fortune 10, eight of the top 10 global technology companies, and all of the top global media companies. Our Cosmos platform was named Best Emerging Technology in the 2021 SC Media Awards and our offerings are consistently ranked as world class in customer experience surveys. For more than 16 years, we’ve been contributing and giving back to the security community. We’ve published more than 16 open source tools and 50 security advisories in the last five years alone. Learn more at bishopfox.com or follow us on Twitter.
We are now hiring an Account Manager to identify new business, develop existing customers, manage incoming sales projects as our company continues to grow and help maintain the highest level of execution and customer service for our clients.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
As an Account Manager at Bishop Fox, you’ll serve as a backbone for our sales team. Your position will consist of networking and identifying new business, preparing account strategies and plans, delivering outstanding service to prospects and customers, and keeping record of sales pipelines.
You’ll go to meet-ups and attend cyber conferences (virtual until safe). Additionally, you will manage project proposals, respond to requests expediently and act as a point-of-contact for clients during engagements. You’ll need to check off certain boxes internally: coordinating our scoping process, partnering with our scheduling department, collaborating with our project managers, and finishing things off by seeing the last steps through with finance and legal. You will act as the friendly face (and sometimes voice) our clients recognize following up, sending gifts, and inviting them to join us at our events. Basically, you will manage these relationships that are at the heart of what our firm does. We value people, and you are someone who gets that.
Lastly, Bishop Fox is a cybersecurity firm. We provide our clients with peace of mind, but we are also providing them with technical expertise. There is a lot to learn here, and we want you to become knowledgeable.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Qualifying conversations and project discussions about Bishop Fox services from a position of knowledge, specific to that client and their problems or wants.
- Qualify sales opportunities (CAST and Consulting services) and generate new business
- Align project activities with the needs of the client
- Sales conversations that help clients develop a clear vision of solutions to their problems
- Collaborate with clients to co-create business value
- Mitigate client perceptions of risk
- Document and organize meaningful meeting notes that drive sales and project success.
- Field initial scoping surveys and project requests, drive project scoping forward, create project proposals, and shepherd legal paperwork.
- Responsible for documenting and communicating project scope, goals, timing requirements, and client expectations.
- Ensuring sales data is entered accurately and up to date to help with reporting, future planning of client projects, and forecast accuracy.
- Using available data and communication to avoid efficiency pitfalls and provide overwatch for customer success during lifetime of the account.
- Ensure customer requirements and Bishop Fox standards of quality are met throughout their experience with Bishop Fox.
- Acts as an escalation point for
- Account liaisons (and Solutions Desk questions)
- RMO/EMO/PMO/Consulting/Legal/Scoping (basically everyone)
- Account, client, project, and process related issues
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a kind environment.
Your Education and Experience
You must be great at and -most importantly- love what you do. Here’s a list of qualities we’re looking for:
- Experience selling technical services is a must.
- Previous experience selling PEN testing is ideal.
- Must have a strong technical understanding of PEN testing solutions.
- Proven track record in relationship-based account management as well as identifying and capitalizing on new business targets within a given territory.
- Ability to articulate the value of our services and upsell.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Asana, and Jira preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in either marketing or business administration is nice to have, but not mandatory.
- Dynamic personality that value the power of relationship-building while becoming a trusted advisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personnel leadership in managing our people and their growth in security.
- Strong self and team organizational skills will routinely work with project management, scheduling/planning, finance, and other internal support teams as well as clients.
- Superior communication ability in connecting with internal teams, direct reports, clients, and our executive leadership.
Bishop Fox has always allowed its employees to work remotely, and this role could work anywhere in the United States. Equity is offered to all employees and starts vesting on the first day. You also have the opportunity to earn additional equity. Our comprehensive benefits program is tailored to meet your needs at an affordable price. We embrace diversity and an inclusive culture. We value our employees and who they are, which fosters a powerful and collective talent base to successfully serve our clients and the security community with unparalleled expertise.
Bishop Fox is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All new hires must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Interested? Apply today!