Account Executive at SmartAsset
Title: Account Executive
Location: Remote, Contiguous United States
SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
About the Team:
The Account Executive sales team at SmartAsset is a group of 40+ inside sales professionals and sales managers located across the country. We are adding to our team as the company works to add new business to our fast growing client base. Our team of Account Executives and managers are hard working and passionate about sales, our product, and our company, and are eager to learn and see growth both personally and professionally.
About the Job:
- Own the full sales cycle, from prospecting to close in a short sales cycle environment (2 week average)
- Make on average 80+ cold calls per day to prospective clients
- Lead generation through self and CRM prospecting.
- Present detailed information to prospective customers and educate them on the features and benefits of SmartAsset’s platform
- Qualify leads via a consultative approach
- Operate with a high level of integrity and able work within organizational Rules of Engagement
- Become an expert in the financial advisor industry to better help identify strong advisor prospects who will be a good fit for the Smart Advisor platform
- Maintain all activity and contact info using Salesforce
- Operate in a remote yet structured sales team environment, via strong time and self management skills.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 3-5 years minimum of full sales cycle experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Experience in an inside sales, cold calling, transactional sales role
- Salesforce or other enterprise level CRM experience
- Ability to drive deals independently in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Comfortable speaking to and persuading prospective clients on the phone
- Ability to self manage and find/access resources in a remote work environment
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- B2B sales experience highly preferred
- Attention to detail; excellent organization and time-management skills
- Prior experience working in a quota based remote environment.
- Team player who possess excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote – flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision – multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance – basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Home Office Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $55 – 80K + commission + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.