Account Executive – REMOTE
O’Reilly is a learning company that helps individuals, teams, and enterprises build skills to succeed in a world defined by technology-driven transformation. The O’Reilly online learning platform offers exclusive live training, books, and videos, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead.
O’Reilly Media is looking for innovative and motivated Account Executives to join our North America Sales team. In this role you will be responsible for developing and generating new business from enterprise accounts across various industry verticals in the assigned geographic territory.
In the Account Executive role, you will help O’Reilly identify, build relationships with, and sign up new customers. Your primary goal will be to generate leads, create sales opportunities and meet monthly quotas by selling enterprise subscriptions to the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly Media offers an intense, yet highly rewarding sales environment. As an O’Reilly team member you will enjoy a world-class work atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefit plans, collaborative leadership teams and a company focused on supporting your success.
- Develop market and product knowledge in order to identify high potential prospects for O’Reilly products.
- Be the trusted advisor for each of your in-process accounts (prospects) by understanding their business goals, challenges, competitors, leadership and transformation objectives.
- Maintain the appropriate mix of written correspondence, telephone contacts, online demonstrations and onsite visits with prospect organizations in order to stimulate interest in O’Reilly Media products and services.
- Proactively manage sales opportunities throughout the entire sales process and provide sales forecasts and monthly reports as required.
- Maintain a sufficiently full sales pipeline so that sales targets for new business revenue are consistently achieved.
- Be a Brand Ambassador of O’Reilly Media services to prospect organizations and identify drivers involved in decisions to purchase O’Reilly Media services.
- Follow-up on trial accounts and prospects in order to identify funding, develop a unique value proposition and proposal, secure commitment and close the sale.
- Maintain appropriate account and territory records using the sales tools provided by the company.
- Solid history of successfully driving new sales to enterprise/Fortune 2000 accounts.
- Experience selling software-as-a-service (SaaS) products/solutions to enterprise accounts.
- Consultative sales style; proven record of building strong relationships with key decision makers in mid to large size enterprises in different industries.
- Successful track record of developing vertical-specific sales strategies including (i) identifying market size and key needs; (ii) partnering with the marketing and sales development teams to create and execute lead generation plans; (iii) customizing proposals to serve industry and company specific needs; and (iv) driving to a close within a relationship selling environment.
- Experience consistently meeting or exceeding an annual quota of $1 Million in new sales.
- Ability to quickly gain deep product knowledge and an understanding of prospective customer needs.
- Experience in successfully managing the sales cycle from business champion to the key decision maker level (Learning and Development Director/VP of People Strategy/SVP of Engineering/CEO/CTO level).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of working on highly collaborative teams.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and comfortable interacting with senior level corporate management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with cloud-based CRM and pipeline management tools required (Salesforce experience preferred).