Youth Programs Coordinator at Common Cause
YOUTH PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
- Salary Range: $48,000 – $52,000 annually
- Location: Remote for the foreseeable future
The Youth Programs Coordinator will support our youth programs work through research and program coordination. The goal of this position is to create a positive and inclusive environment for all youth program participants. The Youth Programs Coordinator will work closely with our Director of Youth Programs and our program area staff.
- Maintain program documents and communication to support all aspects of the program, including periodic reports, student files and updates.
- Participate and collaborate on program planning and developing the program expansion strategy.
- Review grant proposals and reports for youth programs.
- Monitor PEX card spending and transaction processing.
- Recruit fellows and monitor their work performance towards meeting the goals of their contract.
- Maintain a safe, respectful, and engaging environment for fellows.
- Recruit and train fellows and volunteers with other program staff.
- Provide state staff and state advisory boards with resources and day-to-day supervisory support necessary for them to implement the program effectively.
- Coordinate maintenance of the youth programs’ website and social media accounts.
Civic Education and Professional Development of Fellows
- Work with fellows in assigned states to identify areas of interest, passion, skill development, and career interest in order to create enhanced learning opportunities in democracy reform.
- Complete reports and research on topics critical to youth civic engagement.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse coalition partners, school personnel, volunteers and other key partners.
- Organize activities including trainings, programs, and other events related to the Common Cause mission.
- Provide regular, on-going coaching and mentorship to participating students through biweekly check-ins with an understanding that mentorship needs may extend beyond the fellowship for some students.
- Identify and develop key partnerships with other national and community organizations that provide a wide range of experiences and opportunities for fellows.
- Collaborate with campus faculty and staff and Common Cause staff to ensure the effective coordination of program schedules and related events for fellows.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, task-oriented, and can think of creative solutions and strategies. The individual would need to have some understanding of campus civic engagement, youth organizing, and policy research. The individual should have an interest in doing research that could benefit the youth organizing and the youth civic engagement community. It is our preference that the individual has a deep understanding of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs). Preferably candidate will have a 2- or 4- year-degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience in a related field; and must be able to sit at a computer for prolonged periods.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!