Writer – Personal Finance at GoBankingRates
Writer (Personal Finance)
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry – we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
Have you always dreamed of seeing your writing featured on a number of major finance and news online publications such as Yahoo, NewsBreak, TIME, AOL, MSN and more? This is your chance!
What Are We Looking For?
GOBankingRates.com, a division of ConsumerTrack Inc., has an immediate need for a writer who lives and breathes online media to join our Content Team. This individual will leverage their sincere curiosity about how the economy and personal finance impact everyday life, investigative skills, knowledge of popular culture, reporting abilities, and overall digital know-how to write quick-turn content that feels as useful as it is of the moment, in-depth articles and slideshows, surveys and much, much more. If you get a dopamine rush when something you write goes viral, you’re looking at the perfect opportunity.
What’s Interesting about the Role?
We need a stand-out journalist who is as comfortable analyzing data and dissecting complex information as they are writing up lighthearted stories about celebs and politicians and what they can reveal about our financial lives. He/she will work directly with a multitude of expert in-house and contributing writers and editors to publish what the world wants to know and share.
If you’re ambitious, driven, self-motivated and eager to work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create, this job is for you!
How Will You Make an Impact?
This role is heavily focused on fast-paced content production to achieve growth month over month. The Personal Finance Writer will be expected to:
- Produce 50+ high-quality stories a month
- Represent the brand on social platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter
- Excel at seeking out reputable sources quickly
- Tell a visual story and be able to quickly source photos to pair with content in production
- Adapt new content in production to align with changing audience needs and industry trends to achieve monthly growth goals
What Do You Bring to us?
- 2+ years of product management, project management or analytics experience in web, e-commerce, or media/advertising companies
- Must be metrics and results driven and have proven experience using data to make decisions.
- UX experience is a plus.
- Experience with key product management functions, such as writing requirements/user stories, creating mocks/wireframes, market research, competitive analysis, and product planning and reporting.
- Ability to define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment.
- Experience working with JIRA or similar project management ticketing systems
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, external partners/clients, and managing stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with A/B testing is a plus
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution
- Paid maternity leave and paternity leave programs
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills
- Contribution to student loan debt payments after the first year of employment
- 401(k) — employees can start contributing immediately. After the first year, CTI matches your contribution up to 4% of your salary
A note about our response to COVID -19 and our new norm: The world has changed and we know it’s important to adapt and to do our part to take care of our teams in this global pandemic. Our number one priority is to have our ConsumerTrackers feel safe, balanced and connected. We’re committed to providing our teams with the best resources and tools to navigate this new virtual world that we’re living in. We’ve also reinvented the ways in which we recognize, celebrate, and engage with each other to keep our culture strong!
Here’s a peek into our world at ConsumerTrack –
- Our teams are working remotely 100% for the foreseeable future and have flex time. We’re in the digital media space so we’re mobile and flexible!
- *Option to work from an office (if you need to get away!)
- Tools & resources are available to keep our team connected across North America. (JIRA, Trello, Airtable, Slack, Zoom and so much more!)
- To keep our community of ConsumerTrackers engaged and connected, virtual team building events are held weekly and monthly.
- For wellness and balance, weekly virtual fitness classes such as yoga are available.
- To care for the local communities that we’re a part of across the U.S our team members host socially distanced philanthropic events every quarter.
- And most importantly, we’ve committed to consistent and transparent communication to help us all stay informed, engaged and to keep us on our path to success and #greatness.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.