Writer, Content Developer at Jhana
Title: Writer/Content Developer
- Reports to: Managing Director
REMOTE WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES
Jhana is FranklinCovey’s performance support tool to help managers and individual employees become more effective at work — a result that benefits not only them, but also their teams and companies.
As Jhana’s Writer/Content Developer, you’ll play a critical role in developing and launching our content via our renowned weekly newsletters. That’s a big deal, because superior content is the heart and soul of our product.
Our learners (team-level managers and individual contributors) are incredibly busy and discerning. They want practical help on leadership, communication, and interpersonal work issues — with no fluff or platitudes — as quickly as possible and in a voice that speaks to them.
Jhana’s content recipe is one part learning design, one part service journalism, and one part instructional manual. You’ll need critical thinking and creative firepower to bring it all together into helpful, enticing weekly tips, articles, job aids, and videos.
Remote work okay. Please submit two samples of your writing with your resume or cover letter.
- Research management and workplace issues (via desk research and interviews) to become a knowledge leader on new topics. You don’t need to be an expert on everything, but you do need to be ready to go deep on a topic, explore its nooks and crannies, extract the essentials, and write them into a relatively simple (but never simplistic!) package.
- Deep analysis of information about management and workplace skills and behavior in order to come up with the fresh approaches that our audiences need to tackle their toughest workplace challenges.
- Write articles and job aids (anywhere from 350 to 2,000 words in length).
- Work with other internal subject matter experts to develop ideas and script short videos.
- Be a collaborative contributor to the future direction of our content and product.
- You share our passion for understanding our audiences and improving their experiences at work.
- You’re an exceptional critical thinker and developmental editor.
- You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize volumes of complex information into nuggets of clarity and structure insights into clear, concise advice.
- You’re a creative and collaborative writer and generous colleague.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!