Writer at Psych Central
- Location: United States – Remote
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance:
Psych Central, a comprehensive online resource for anyone pursuing greater mental health, seeks an experienced writer to help shape our content. As a staff writer, you’ll create empathetic, evidence-based content with a focus on conscious language and inclusivity. We want our content to empower readers from all walks of life to build resilience and enhance their emotional well-being.
To meet objectives, the staff writer for psychcentral.com must know how to distill conversations from mental health communities and social media platforms into succinct takeaways, have knowledge of serving SEO intent, and be comfortable with on-the-fly interviews with experts and influencers.
While there will be times we require a 1-day turnaround, this position is not meant to cover newswriting ad hoc. You will learn how to balance value and longevity when pitching and craft Psych Central as a leader in driving conversation and providing expert-backed mental health information.
What You’ll Do:
- Write 10 monthly high-quality articles on mental health and wellness topics with a refreshed POV to position Psych Central as a driver of health inclusivity.
- Research trends via social media and press releases to see where Psych Central can stand out as a leader.
- Pitch 3-4 original article topics a week.
- Assist with article production and communication across design and social media teams, as needed.
- Maintain and champion the Psych Central POV on nuanced and timely topics.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 4 years of writing experience that includes interviewing, research, and editing skills.
- A background in service journalism, SEO content creation, and/or social media content.
- Ability to cull through press releases for relevancy, understand scientific research, and craft clear and clean copy.
- Organizational skills for multitasking multiple projects at the same time, such as quick-turn articles and deeply reported essays.
- Familiarity with pitching illuminating and energetic content via engaging headlines and decks.
- Ability to follow a brand style guide and adapt voice/tone as needed.
A Red Ventures Brand:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!