Writer at Jefferson Land Trust
Classification: Independent Contractor
Hours: Estimated 15-20 per month
End Date: December 31, 2020
About Jefferson Land Trust: At Jefferson Land Trust we work with the community to preserve open space, working lands and habitat forever. Jefferson Land Trust is a private, non-profit, community-driven conservation organization in Jefferson County, nestled on the stunning Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. We provide many services to landowners in our area and work with them to choose protection strategies that meet both their conservation goals and financial needs.
Position Summary: The contract writer supports the communications and fundraising teams by generating persuasive written content for grants, grant reports, print collateral, newspaper columns, web, and social media on a contract basis. The person in this position is supervised by the Director of Philanthropy, Communications Manager, and the Development Manager, depending on the project.
- Draft applications and final reporting for existing and new foundation and corporate prospects
- Generate content for campaign preparation, including web content and grant narratives.
- Generate original content for publication in at least five newspaper columns and for use in monthly newsletters/on website.
- Support other writing projects as needed.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience and proven success as a writer
- Strong attention to detail and mastery of written language
- Competent with Office Suite, G-Suite and dropbox.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Working Conditions: This is an independent contractor position with hours set by the contractor.The contract writer will work remotely, connecting with staff in person or via conference calling/video conferencing.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At Jefferson Land Trust, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!