Web Support Specialist at Bixal
Title: Web Support Specialist
Location: United States
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential is absolutely limitless. We partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience strategy, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
In order to protect our employees and help stem the spread of COVID-19, Bixal team members are currently working entirely in a remote capacity. This will be our policy until we believe our employees can safely return to an office environment. However, you will need to undergo a Public Trust Security clearance which will require you to get fingerprinting done in person.
After the threat of COVID-19 has passed, this role will be remote with the possibility of some travel to the client site.
Hours of operation will be Monday through Friday ranging from 9 AM until 7 PM Eastern time as well as Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM Eastern time. Each team member will work on rotating shifts averaging 40-hour weeks.
What will you do?
As a Web Support Specialist (Junior Content Manager), you will work as part of a web-savvy team to provide top-notch customer support on a large government platform. The Web Support Specialist will operate as a first-line-of-defense customer service support representative. We are looking to invest in your growth by providing training to support various CMS and content strategist responsibilities. The Web Support Specialists will report to our Web Support Lead. Web Support Specialists will use Jira a web ticketing software program to troubleshoot and provide account support for both internal customers and external members of the public. You will work diligently to understand the issues at hand; making any necessary changes to the CMS and reformatting content to meet the client’s content brand guidelines.
- Provide web-based customer support to both internal clients and external users during regular business hours.
- Read and respond to tickets via Jira ticketing software in a quick and effective manner; placing an emphasis on providing high quality customer support.
- Troubleshoot user account issues for both public users and internal stakeholders.
- Provide assistance with user credentials and locked accounts.
- Respond to reported bugs and escalate any issues with the site to the Web Support Lead as necessary.
- Provide content management system training to users.
- Review PDFs for 508 compliance using 508 assistive tools.
- Update the client’s content management system as requested by internal customers.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 2+ years of direct experience in digital technology, ideally CMS and web content support
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Passion for technology
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and quality assurance
- Be well organized, self-motivated and willing to perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Ability to write clear, concise, grammatically correct copy
- Ability to write in the approved tone of voice for the client’s brand
- Ability to write in a manner consistent with SEO best practices
Nice to Haves
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred
- Experience in remote, digital customer service support
- Experience with Drupal 7 and/or 8
- Familiarity with Section 508 compliance guidelines
- Basic knowledge of HTML
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!