Web Project Manager
BuddyBoss is a leading provider of WordPress and BuddyPress driven solutions, for online community platforms. Our products are used for building E-learning sites, MarketPlaces, and other community type platforms/Our products are used in thousands of E-learning sites, MarketPlaces, and other community type platforms.
We also build custom development solutions for startups and established organizations, to address their specific platform requirements.
We are seeking an ambitious, dynamic, smart and energetic individuals to join our growing team! If you are motivated to deliver high-quality and innovative services, BuddyBoss can offer you a great and fulfilling career opportunity.
Here are a few reasons why you’ll love working for BuddyBoss:
- We work on some really interesting projects, and we are always pushing the boundaries of WordPress and BuddyPress.
- We all work remotely. Some of us are traveling throughout the year, working from various countries. Others are working from the comfort of their home.
- We try to all meet at least once a year at a fun destination, and we’re always super excited to see each other.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing WordPress client projects from initial concept to completion
- Managing product development from initial concept to completion
- Collaborate with the team to keep projects on scope, on time and within budget
- Managing budget, quality, and all project deliverables, in correlation with the project timeline, budget hours and scope.
- Monitor, track, and report on overall schedule of projects
- Provide regular reports to all internal and client stakeholders on project status
- Administer quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle, including planning of review activities and scheduling of formal test execution via our QA team
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with client
- Delegate work to the development team and provide guidance as needed
- Communicate, problem solve and collaborate with the team about risks, issues, and opportunities
- Perform regular risk assessments on projects and proactively plan strategies to minimize and mitigate risk
- Provide suggestions on methodology, processes, and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Keep team highly motivated and help us build high levels of client satisfaction
- Perform accurate initial project set-up and tracking through our project management tool (Trello) and our time tracking system (Harvest)
- Prepare final updates for each phase, with supporting screenshots and video demos, for a client and/or project owner
- Provide weekly update to the account manager, on the status of active projects
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or Web Technologies or equivalent
- Strong understanding of the development of dynamic WordPress based websites
- Strong understanding of how WordPress components work together
- Strong understanding of WordPress related technical vocab
- Experience working on and using the WordPress platform
- Ability to motivate a team of creative and technical specialists to do their best work
- Ability to understand technology as well as business requirements
- Capable of juggling multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Able to lead client meetings, express complex information and make decisions together with the team
Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence at every level
- Experience in web development Agency environment
- Leadership skills and business acumen with a desire to contribute to the continued growth and development of the company
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and exceptional presenter
- Actively keeps abreast of web and PM industry developments
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working on BuddyPress projects
- Familiarity with tools such as Trello, Basecamp, Harvest, Jira
- Experience with UI/UX design