- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
- Four Kitchens
We’re looking for a Web Designer to work alongside our team of digital strategists, UXers, and engineers. You’ll help drive the design for web projects as well as work closely with clients and design/development teams to create design strategies, present design solutions, and see those solutions through to production.
- Engage with the client and internal teams to understand and define the functional and aesthetic requirements for a project.
- Create visual and interaction design artifacts using a responsive and component-driven approach that meets project goals and requirements.
- Create interaction design artifacts like wireframes and prototypes that enable developers to build a pleasant, performant, accessible, and responsive web experience across devices.
- Enforce visual design consistency on projects.
- Work closely and collaborate with the rest of the designers and developers on the production team.
- Stay current with design patterns and technologies.
- At least three years of experience as a web designer.
- Experience wireframing/prototyping and designing for responsive websites
- Experience leveraging existing brand guidelines to create original website designs.
- Experience creating designs and wireframes for responsive websites.
- Experience working in-browser using HTML and CSS for prototyping.
- Professional, yet personable demeanor. You must be able to collaborate with other team members and present your design work directly to the client.
- Enthusiasm for open-source philosophy and community involvement.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making really cool stuff for the web.
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or other related tools to produce design artifacts.
- Familiarity with Drupal CMS or similar CMS software.
- Experience working with large website projects.
- Ability to create production-ready HTML and CSS.
- Experience on an agile (Scrum) team.
- Experience producing sophisticated interactive prototypes.
- Experience running design workshops.
- Experience with branding and brand development including logo and print design.
- Generous paid time off. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually.
- Paid holidays – including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day, and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- 100% remote workforce.
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid option for medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech budget to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.