Web Copywriter at SmartBug Media
Freelance Web Copywriter (Remote)
- (Multiple states)
- Mid Level
SmartBug Media™, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a freelance web copywriter who has practical experience in the field.
We are looking for someone who consistently delivers high-quality work in the form of UX-driven and SEO-informed web content. The selected candidate will work closely with our web production team on various client projects anaverage of 10 to 20 hours per week.
This will be a part-time, on-going freelance opportunity. The workload may fluctuate based on the clients’ needs. All work can be done remotely.
- Create high-quality, differentiated and compelling copy in the form of blogs, e-books, and case studies
- Attend or synthesize interviews with clients and subject matter experts.
- Translate UX strategy and direction into effective web content.
- Follow wireframes or templates to align copy and word counts to the design.
- Write in Chicago or AP styles as needed.
- Work with the project team collaboratively through our online project management system.
- Understand the client’s target audiences and personas to craft your messaging accordingly.
- Deliver quality work on-target and on-time.
- Present your ideas and receive feedback in a healthy and professional manner.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in writing or marketing communications.
- Experience writing web copy for a variety of clients and industries.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills.
- A foundational understanding of SEO best practices and experience incorporating keywords into web content.
- Experience aligning copy to fit wireframes and/or page designs.
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, and providing the highest quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible.
- The ability to research topics and industries and translate client goals into effective messaging.
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience providing UX strategy and brand messaging in an agency setting a plus.
- Application screening
- Video call with VP of Creative
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a globally recognized intelligent inbound marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For more than 10 years, SmartBug has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We’re one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and named HubSpot’s Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With five Comparably awards won in 2018 and certification as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year in a row, it’s clear that it’s not just our clients that like us.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!