Web/App UX/UI Designer (Remote)
Category: Graphic Design
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an experienced and talented Web & Mobile Apps UX/UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric digital products and experiences. The company manages a portfolio of different properties, though the initial focus for this position will be optimizing the web and app user experience of Trails.com. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. The successful candidate will have 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a digital consumer start-up.
About the Role:
- UX expert and UI competent
- Collaborate with a dedicated team of PM, QA, and Engineers
- Based remotely, so work from home!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Design, conduct and present user-centered qualitative research studies, including user interviews, usability studies, focus groups, persona creation, competitive evaluations, user journeys, guerilla usability tactics, etc. to generate insights.
- Design and conduct quantitative research studies, including writing and analyzing surveys.
Identify important customer needs/frustrations and potential solutions that differentiate from the competition.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Continuously deploy, test, analyze, and rapidly iterate on your designs and features.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and designers.
What you will need to be successful:
- Four or more years proven track record of shipping user-centered consumer mobile app and/or web products. Experience in a fast-growing startup operating in agile/scrum.
- Strong English written/verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of leading qualitative & quantitative research methods and a passion for connecting with users on a regular basis at all stages of the design process.
- Proven ability to run user tests, customer interviews and surveys.
- Hands-on UX/UI experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, mockups, etc. using leading tools such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, etc.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into responsive designs.
- Graphic design skills, with understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate.
- Desire to move fast and experiment, innovate, and iterate. Open and flexible to feedback.
- Very smart, high-energy, resourceful, and creative problem solver.
- Passion for the outdoors and hiking. We want you using Trails.com on a regular basis.
Why You Want This Job:
- The team we’re building – we have a phenomenal team from across the globe and will continue to hire exceptional people that believe in our vision and embody our values.
- Our progressive working model – the company uses innovative technology and workflow solutions to replace physical offices and face-to-face meetings.
- The broad exposure you’ll receive owning an entire website and app. You’ll also get visibility into the other properties within our portfolio.
- The impact you have – we have healthy, stable businesses that are ready for a boost.
- Trails.com is part of LoveToKnowMedia. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. The company embraces telecommuting, in which LoveToKnowMedia’s contributors across the world keep in touch, collaborate and work as a team to get the job done. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.