Web and Digital Experience Director at Aiven
Web and Digital Experience Director (Remote, Worldwide)
Aiven provides an open-source data platform-as-a-service.
That means that customers upload their data to our open-source software. They pay us to manage the software and everything related to it, so they can focus on building their own apps and services without worrying about data.
We’ve got the will – our mission: make developers’ lives easier, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way – our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding – our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive.
About the Position
We are now looking for an inspiring and audacious Web & Digital Experience Director to join our Marketing Operations team. You will lead and define the path of a team that combines front-end development and UX design; and plays a critical role in delivering an excellent user experience.
As a Web & Digital Experience Director, you’ll be developing Aiven’s main website and other online touchpoints.
The person we are looking for has a deep understanding of either front-end development or UX design and has experience devising and implementing a web strategy for a complex product. We value analytical problem-solving skills and openness to new ideas and collaborations. We would like to find someone who is a trustworthy team player, helps others out, and proactively contributes to the whole team’s success.
Previous experience managing a team will be a significant advantage, as you will directly manage a team of 6 employees that will grow over time. A strong inclination to learning and a sense of ownership are must-haves, as you will be expected to steer the roadmap of the function in collaboration with multiple other stakeholders; and guide your team members towards their short- and long-term development goals.
Currently, we are transforming our web presence to add significant new functionality and improve the user experience, and seeing that project through to its eventual success will be an important part of your first year with us. Your expertise and opinion will carry significant weight. Be part of us, be in the driver’s seat.
The vision of our Marketing Operations team is to drive bright solutions together in our area of expertise. We own and maintain an advanced tech stack, have deep expertise in our domain and are proud to advance a culture where fairness, trust and transparency are front and center.
If you are excited about continually experimenting, comfortable in a fast-paced environment and you enjoy collaborating with team members of different backgrounds, this role is for you!
- Serving as the business owner of all our web and digital experience, setting the course for its continuous improvement towards providing a world-class user experience
- Leading and coaching a growing team of developers and UX designers
- Contributing to the development of the Web stack; evaluating, maintaining, and integrating new technology
- Proactively identifying, optimizing and solving web performance issues
- Defining a web performance reporting framework, setting KPIs for the site and using them to drive your team’s development decisions
- Working cross-functionally and translating business requirements into a scalable solution and provide ongoing support
- Working closely/collaborating with Designers to translate design into a visually pleasing site that delivers a coherent user journey depending on the visitor persona
- Steer the Website migration project to its successful completion
- 5+ years of experience working within web development and/or UX design
- Ability to empathize with our main target audiences: developers using open source technologies and technical decision makers who purchase managed services
- Experience owning the development of a complex web environment and its outcomes
- Experience leading and inspiring a group of technical experts, through the values and vision of the team
- Solid communication and presentation skills, awareness about influencing styles/motivational drivers and ability to adapt your delivery to those
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to manage your own workload, triage and prioritize tasks
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Experience in TypeScript
- Experience with Serverless applications
- Experience with Headless CMS/ Structured Content Platform
- Experience in UX and visual design
- Knowledge of SEO and digital funnels optimization
- Knowledge of A/B testing & experimentation
- Fundamental knowledge of growth hacking tactics and strategies
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to focus on work at hand
A fast-growing cloud, open-source tech company offering:
- Large variety of opportunities to develop and progress your career in multiple directions
- 10% of your working time can be allocated to learning and development, with a personalized plan tailored to your needs
- Diverse and international working environment
- Extra remuneration for open-source contributions
- Comprehensive Benefits program including private Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Mobile phone of your choice and subscription
Multiple additional perks and benefits including:
- Aiven Library – books of your choice to widen your knowledge
- German and Finnish language courses
- Company sponsored events