Wall Street Accountability – Campaign Director at United for Respect
Title: Wall Street Accountability – Campaign Director
Location: washington DC US or Remote, US
United for Respect (UFR) is seeking a Campaign Director to coordinate and build our growing, high-impact, Wall Street Accountability Campaigns.
UFR is addressing and amplifying the destructive impacts of unchecked Wall Street greed, particularly the outsized role that private equity plays in our economy and our communities. Centered on engaging and activating a broad network of people experiencing financial distress through retail bankruptcies, the Deputy Campaigns Director will develop comprehensive accountability campaigns to hold Wall Street corporations responsible and win game-changing campaigns for an inclusive economy and family-sustaining jobs.
UFR is a national organization building an industry voice of working people working for the country s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology social media and our digital platform, WorkIt and bring the retail workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy. Learn more about UFR s core programs here: united4respect.org
We are seeking a Campaigns Director for the Wall Street Accountability Campaign to:
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics in collaboration with staff, members and external allies to advance our Wall Street accountability campaigns, build member leadership, and grow our movement.
- Coordinate and develop a team of national worker organizers, digital, communications, research, politics and policy staff to win our objectives.
- In coordination with the organizing department, develop a broad base and strong leadership of people working across major retailers bankrupted by Wall Street; through UFR s online-to-offline organizing model that includes online social media communities, peer to peer texting, field outreach, and our digital app WorkIt.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of strong member-leadership committees that drive public and corporate policy campaigns through an inclusive process that develops their organizing and advocacy skills, generates bold actions, moves industry stakeholders and educates the public.
- Build partnerships with community and policy allies to grow the scope and number of organizations taking on Wall Street through collaborative work and solidarity actions.
- Coordinate and conduct original research on individuals, companies, industries, and financial strategies (e.g. LBOs, bankruptcies, etc) in order to advance our campaign objectives and change public narrative.
- Coordinate and develop actions, press events and testimony for public hearings.
- Develop the leadership of working people to share their stories with each other and publicly, with the media and online.
- At least 5 years experience overseeing a comprehensive corporate accountability campaigns, including experience directly supervising worker organizers.
- Proven ability to develop and execute successful campaigns, strategies and tactics, narrative development and communications, and organizing field plans.
- Strong management skills.
- Experience leading workplace justice campaigns (e.g. around wage theft, harassment, retaliation, etc).
- Ability to conduct industrial analysis, individual and corporate research.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong listening, persuasion and facilitation skills.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people as well as an understanding of the daily challenges faced by low-income communities of color.
- Ability to work independently, navigate obstacles, discern priorities, meet competing deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Strong database management skills that inform analysis of the base and strategy.
- Familiarity with private equity and hedge funds.
- Familiarity with digital strategies and online to offline organizing.
- Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Salary Range: Salary Range is $75,000 – $95,000 depending on location and experience.
UFR is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equity. People of color; women; immigrants; gender queer, trans and gender variant people; LGBTIQ+ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
UFR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location: National (remote). NY/NJ, Washington DC, or Bay Area CA preferred.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!