VP, Engineering at SwagUp
Location: US Locations Only
SwagUp is looking for our first VP, Engineering to join our leadership team to help design and execute on our technology strategy. , working directly with our CTO to manage and grow a diverse, and largely remote, development team. As VP, engineering you will be responsible for driving the execution of scaling our engineering organization.
The responsibilities of a VP of Engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, and improving company policies and standards.
A strong candidate for this role is excited to wrangle up resources and lay the groundwork to create category-defining technology at a rapid pace. Strong cross-functional communication is essential. You will help attract, assess and develop existing talent, and make recommendations on team structure, all with the intent of building a best in class engineering organization. oster collaboration and encourage your team to develop new skills and advance in their careers.
To be successful as a VP of Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, the a top-notch VP of Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
SwagUp is an interesting combination of B2B SaaS, ecom, and an API platform. We are writing our own playbooks, as such ideal candidates have an innate curiosity to explore and reinvent industries through world-class technology and engineering teams.
- Lead, motivate, and coach multiple cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products at scale, holding teams accountable for their performance
- Partner with our talent team to chart out technical and career growth opportunities for team members
- Spearhead engineering recruiting efforts
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
- Prepare and optimize budgets
- Recommend technological developments and improvements in inefficiency.
- Document and evangelize the technology strategy throughout the engineering org and the broader company
- Develop processes and protocols that ensure the team can make sustainable, technical, and architectural decisions, removing bottlenecks
- Build and implement performance metrics and scalable processes to ship high quality code and product, consistently and on-time
- Work closely with our CTO on systems architecture
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, at least 3 years managing engineering teams (ideally in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms)
- Demonstrated track record of scaling engineering teams in a hyper growth environment to 100+ people and shipping high quality products at scale
- Extensive experience working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to build word-class teams
- Proven ability to execute an ambitious vision with speed and precision
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Desire and curiosity to learn about industry trends, best practices, and change management, constantly refining your craft
- Passion for our mission to use technology to eliminate all of the friction in the swag creation and distribution process
- Engineering or similar degree (nice to have)
- Platform experience (nice to have)
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Continue to strengthen our engineering team to support our growth
- Identify and develop up and coming engineering leaders
- Work with stakeholders to understand business goals and objectives
- Become a subject matter expert of our architecture and development stacks
- Accelerate the pace and quality of our development efforts
- Streamline communication within the engineering org and with the broader company
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!