Volunteer Services Project Manager at American Red Cross
Title: Volunteer Services Project Manager (Can be located anywhere in the US)
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
American Red Cross Volunteer Services Department is looking for a self-motivated Project Manager with experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders from various parts of an organization (end users, IT Services, executive leadership, etc.). The successful candidate will work directly with stakeholders and clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and timeline. The individual will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture.
In this position one will:
The Project Manager will support an organizational initiative to realign data within the Volunteer Management System (VMS) to align with jurisdictional changes within the Red Cross for approximately 60 regional units across the organization. The Project Manager will provide overall project management and support to clients (regional volunteer services teams) and key stakeholders (i.e. NHQ teams such as NHQ Volunteer Services, Information Technology, other project workstreams, etc.). The individual will work within a broader project scope that encompasses the entire American Red Cross organization. Responsibilities will include planning and development, administration, training, business reporting/analysis, including work with business information systems. May perform certain operational activities on behalf of business unit.
This is a temporary position with the intention to start in March, 2020 and complete by August, 2020. This position is remote-based, work will be completed remotely/virtually and may be performed anywhere within the U.S.
- Ability to work remotely/virtually
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Meet with clients to take detailed needs/expectations and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Serve as liaison between regions, NHQ VS, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee team members’ milestones and performance as compared to project plans, scope, budget, resources and schedule. Provide for all communication within and outside of the project. Communicate project progress and information to stakeholders and field as appropriate.
- Delegate project tasks based as applicable to end-users (including volunteers and paid staff)
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals. Maintain updated project documentation to include project plan, work breakdown structure, schedule, budget, risk plan, communication plan, change logs and reports.
- Provide field support and guidance via documentation (job aids and tools), one-on-one support and group communications (conference calls, emails and Webex)
- Provide data analysis on pre/post project implementation as directed by supervisor in relation to project impact, metrics and key performance indicators.
- Education – 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Discipline/Major Project management, business, information systems, health-related, or other related discipline.
- Professional Certifications/Licenses Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) referred or progress toward CAPM.
- Experience: Minimum 5 to 7 years required
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!