Voice Writer/Transcriber – Remote
Additional Job Locations: US-ID
As a voice writer you will use voice recognition technology to create transcribed documents for a variety of applications e.g. real-time transcription, offline caption creation, and live closed captioning.
- Transcribe text, video or audio presentations
- Perform transcript clean-up, e.g. Homonyms and punctuation.
- Train the speech to text software to recognize your voice
- Maintain quality standards for speed and accuracy
- Focus and repeat language clearly in order to provide fast and accurate transcription/captioning
- Stay current with events, politics, and popular culture
- Abide by strict Confidentiality Agreements
***This is a work from home/remote opportunity. Given the nature of the work you will need a reliable internet connection and a quiet/consistent workspace
- Clear speaking voice
- Proficient in basic software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.)
- Ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding English grammar and vocabulary
- Strong short-term memory recall and focus with ability to re-voice verbatim what is heard in real time
- High work ethic standards.
- Ability to self-monitor to meet individual and team quality and attendance goals
- Medical, legal, or related transcription experience
- Previous voice writing or dictation experience
- Acting, voice acting, singing, or radio personality experience
- Journalism / Broadcast journalism experience
- Video and/or audio production experience
- English degree
- Knowledge of legal terminology
Hours and Compensation:
- Full-time, M-F hours
- Hourly rate with benefits
For more than 25 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world’s leading multinationals.
With annual revenues of over $615 million, TransPerfect is the world’s largest provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
TransPerfect offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, company-sponsored life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account options, and a proactive and accessible HR department that focuses on the staffs health and happiness.
TransPerfect is an equal opportunity employer.